Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mirin and sake

• 11-08-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Okay, sorry in advance but I live in a small town and work in another small town and don't get into city until weekend ( was in tesco in Limerick on Sunday and couldnt find either sake or mirin) so is there any poss substitute for these please?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My daughter cooks a lot of Japanese food and she gets her sake in the off-licence. I'm pretty sure she makes her own mirin with sake and sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

You can use a dry sherry as a replacement....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Oh thanks for that. Failed miserably to get sake but at least have a sub now!:)

Advertisement