Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortysomething looking for ideas

Options
  • 11-08-2008 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm 40, working on the buses, and thinking of a change and going back to college.

What are the opportunities for mature students? Where are the careers for fortysomethings? Where to avoid?

I'm looking at something in the teaching line, or psychology, or counselling, but might consider something completely different, like business management, perhaps retail. Proficient with computers, perhaps something on that line?

Just looking for guidance on where there are good opportunities and vacancies for mature students, and what professions are too competitive and would be hard to get on in. Are salaries of around the €40,000 mark too optimistic for graduates? Would consider anything if the opportunities were good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hi fortysomething. While I cant offer you many answers to your questions, I can give you a handy link to start searching for courses you may be interested in. Qualifax.ie is a great website, this is the link which will help you find a course you may be interested in. My advice would be to try to get in touch with the colleges and ask them about it, or see if you can get in touch with any of the students or graduates and have a chat.
    http://qualifax.ie/?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=search_courses&action=reset&CSH_ID=18

Advertisement