Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colaiste Dhulaigh Pre University Science

Options
  • 11-08-2008 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Has anyone here done the pre university science course in Colaiste Dhulaigh? If so theres a few things I'm wondering. First thing is when does the course start? It says on the calender of their website "courses start on the 8th" so I'm assuming that goes for all the courses.

Second was the course hard? I didn't even finish my junior cert so I have alot of catching up to do but I'm pretty good at maths and I know a bit of chemistry already.

Heres what the course consists of
    "Laboratory Techniques, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, ECDL, Study Skills, Communications"
    Does anyone know what the hell ECDL stands for? Also what would the "commucations" class cover? I'd say the main one I'm gonna have trouble with here is physics. I've never studied physics in my life and it looks fairly boring. Anyone here know anything about this course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well ECDL is the European Computer Drivers License. So just Basic Computer skills really. That along with communications sounds a bit like they're padding the course out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BogWog

Cool I'm already pretty good with computers so that'll give me more time to concentrate on the other subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BogWog

Anyone have any idea what communications class is? Would it be telecommunications and that kinda thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's more an element of media study.

It would be about how thoughts and ideas can be communicated.

Advertisement