Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Numbers: Where can I find the location?

Options
  • 11-08-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

Firstly, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to go.

Baiscally, I'm looking for a way to find out where certain phone numbers are calling from.

For example, I keep getting calls from 625 - ****, so I want to know what area uses the "625" prefix.

Is there a site anywhere that lets you search for such things?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

There's no 625 international dialing code 625 and there's no 625 STD code in Ireland.

http://www.comreg.ie/numbering/numbering_search.599.numbering.html

If you check the page above you'll see that the 01 code has a set of numbers e.g. 625xxxx allocated to Dublin Central and Dublin South.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Well I got a call on Sunday and it came up 0194, thats all..? I was like who the hell, thought it might be a friend of mine abroad.. Turned out it was a business number 20 miles from me in Kerry.. It was coming through a PBX probably a PRI and the ID was all messed up, so it could be from anywhere.. Sorry I know that doesnt help but its so hard to find out number origins..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Sometimes international calls end up being terminated onto the eircom network without going through their international gateway exchanges. So, they end up with their national caller ID still present without having the appropriate international code applied.

We occasionally get UK numbers showing up in their UK format e.g.
    020 9999 9999

Rather than 00442099999999

I've also had a French number pop up as 0233445566

Advertisement