Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen wipers stopping in the middle

Options
  • 11-08-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I have a 99 opel astra and the windscreen wipers keep stopping anywhere on the windscreen they want, instead of stopping at the bottom. Anyone got any ideas how to fix it or do I have to go to a mechanic ?? I am guessing its not a big job..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bigeasy

You need a new wiper motor a common problem on 99 astra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Do you know how much that would cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bigeasy

Ther is one on ebay for 30 sterling plus shipping. Dont know about dealers but you could try local scrappers. Can be pritty hard to get sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

On a 99 Astra. Anyone know where i can get a 2nd hand an new spare ? Is it possible to fix it without replacing - as in DIY job. Dont want to spend much on the fix as car not worth it. Will i fail NCT for it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

damoz wrote: »
    On a 99 Astra. Anyone know where i can get a 2nd hand an new spare ? Is it possible to fix it without replacing - as in DIY job. Dont want to spend much on the fix as car not worth it. Will i fail NCT for it ?

You could source one from a breakers yard, but if you want new try ebay. I fitted one of these to a polo just by following a haynes manual. It's easier than you think. All you need is a bit of patience. Try the golden pages for breakers yards in your area. :)

Advertisement