Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day out for a one year old??

Options
  • 11-08-2008 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I need to know of somewhere I can take a one year old for a day out if the weather is bad.

It's his birthday tomorrow, and unless a picnic and the zoo is an option (weather dependant), i'm a little stumped. I would just stay at home but it's a bit tricky right now.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

The Zoo would have been my first choice but with the weather at the minute it might not be the best idea?

Check out this site they seem to have loads of suggestions for all over the country.

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/mycounty/mycounty.asp?mycounty=Dublin

Hope it gives you some ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

Swimming, kids at that age love swimming. I have found that my little ones had the best time of their lives in swimming pools. Plus they will tire themselves out and have fun at the same time.

Option two, you could get into one of those indoor play areas.... you know the ones that have padding around them and ball pools. There is a toddler area in all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you're anywhere near Finglas go to the HurlyBurly. Heading towards m50 from Finglas it's in the industrial estate where Dennis Mahoney motors is.

Swimming is also a good option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Imaginosity in Sandyford is a really nice play centre for kids. They have a toddler village for 6 months to 3 years with lots of areas of play. Might want to ring ahead as they have different sessions that can be booked out.

http://www.imaginosity.ie/site/default.asp?secid=home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Just wait till the weather suits your day out to the zoo, and call that his birthday celebration.

He is one ,,,,, he wont either know or care that its not on his actual birthday.

Then if tommorow is as muggy as today you can simply have a cup cake or two at home for your own memories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Hey, thanks for the suggestions guys.

I really want to do something tomorrow, as I have the day booked off work, as does his Dad, for personal reasons spending the day at home with him is not an option. We are having a birthday tea in the evening, and the morning will be spent going to get his present and then lunch.

I didn't think he'd be old enough for one of those play centers, but we are close to the one in Finglas, so I'll give that a look.

Thanks again!

Advertisement