Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me to remember the name of this series!...

Options
  • 11-08-2008 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all and thank you for reading!,
    I read a series of fantasy novels many years ago and although I loved them as much as I love many of my favourite series I tend to read a lot...a LOT! and in between times I have forgotten the author and names,
    they were about the time of Technology ending and Magic coming back into power,the High Hunt(Cernunnos et al) were some of the scary mythological creatures that came back,there was an amazing chase down a dual carriageway where a Van was chased by Dragons,it was mainly based around Britain(there were some scenes around Stonehenge etc)...there were at least 3 books in the series,I helped someone to Re-Remember the name of the Tad Williams series Otherland recently,so I'm hoping theres some good "book karma" floating around... please halp! :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

This is ringing serious bells for me but at the moment the name is alluding me. I know I have read something very similar, though I'm not sure I read the whole series.

Was there an old witch in them, who showed a younger girl (possibly witch?) how they really rode a broomstick?

Was there also something to do with King Arthur? A scene in a castle near the sea? Sorry for the vagueness it's all coming back in dribs and drabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I actually have the first book of that at home,just cant remember the name of it,will tell you when i get home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Its The Age Of Misrule trilogy by Mark Chadbourne.

Bought it on Amazon a few months ago and only read book one, must pick it up again and finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Darn!! Wanted to be the one to tell him! well there goes gettin some good karma :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement