Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning Permission puzzle

• 11-08-2008 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Can some one answer this one for me.
    1. PP granted by ABP for a retail unit and 14 Apt, with 28 resident only basement car parking spaces, accessed only from the res, lift and stair core.This devel, is now almost complete. icon7.gif

2. developer acquires an adjoining retail unit and seeks PP to join the two retail units together,new shopfront, and construct a second lift from the residential car park to the retail unit, he further states as part of this submission he states that he proposes to use 14 of the car spaces for his retail clients due to traffic restrictions on the road.:eek:

3. Planner grants PP with no restraining conditions except delivery times. icon8.gif

Did the planner lose the plot, could this be right and if so what is the status of PP granted by ABP ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Although you have summarised the main points it is not possible for anyone to answer your question.

I can only advise that you should appeal the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭damiand

Good advice appeal if not happy.

I would note however that in most Development Plans that only one space is required per apartment. It would seem to me that as there are 14 apartments and 14 spaces that the planner is not gone completely mad....yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 qed123

damiand wrote: »
    Good advice appeal if not happy.

I would note however that in most Development Plans that only one space is required per apartment. It would seem to me that as there are 14 apartments and 14 spaces that the planner is not gone completely mad....yet
    Thanks Damiand, My confusion is that the first pp was granted with 24 car spaces by ABP fact, Now where does the first pp stand ,with this new permission to use these spaces for comercial use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

qed123 wrote: »
    Thanks Damiand, My confusion is that the first pp was granted with 24 car spaces by ABP fact, Now where does the first pp stand ,with this new permission to use these spaces for comercial use
    If you are trying to formulate and assemble a quick appeal portfolio then Im afraid you are in the wrong place.

If you arent capable of preparing and submitting an appeal yourself you should retain the services of a professional.

Its grossly unfair to even ask questions here about an individual planning application and subsequent grant of permission that we have no knowledge of.

In any event this forum is not here to take work away work from fellow professionals and as we are treading close to the legal end of things I'm tempted to lock this but I will see what pans out over the next couple of posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

qed123 wrote: »
    No planning is an arrangement for life.
    The very fact that we have a planning process is to change previous use of an area or site. (Its its fundmental form)
    He seeks to increase the shop, instead of asking cars to park on the street, which may cause a problem, he is suggesting that the 14 spare spaces are used.

There is nothing hugely wrong with this. I'm not sure how it affects you to be honest, you haven't made it clear. If it was me, i'd suggest a provision to ensure that 14 spaces were restricted to resi units,

• Advertisement
Advertisement