Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any broabband in leitrim.??

Options
  • 11-08-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of bb in the drumkeerin area in co.leitrim.? i live about 4 miles outside of drumkeerin on the sligo side.. i know of groupnet but am not within site of their windmill exchange..do they have any new one's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

You can't get DSL then ???

Try Irish Broadband or Clearwire.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭leonvquinn

I live in Leitrim and have been involved in the struggle for broadband here for about 4/5 years! Drumkeerin is not very well served and I dont think any of the new mobile broadband services from O2, 3 and Vodafone work there.

I think Groupnet have expanded their services there recently so might be worth another call.

Try this site to search for broadband services - http://www.uchoose.ie/2-Broadband/index.htm

Also try Last Mile Wireless and Arden Brisknet

Good luck!

I have O2 in Drumsna.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

Groupnets broadband can be pretty ropey. They also take ages to get installed, from inital contact to getting set up took 2 months and all it was was a small aerial. Occasionally it can go down for days at a time, they are usually "waiting on a spare part".

Sometimes tough it does work well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Avoid Lastmile like the plague, even 3 Mobile would be a better service than them. I had them before and their service is slow and overcontended, plus their customer support is non existent. They'll take your money and direct debit mandate and run. I had a big smile the day I could tell them stick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭leonvquinn

@ Galway008

Couldn't comment on Groupnet's offering cause they've tried their hardest to give me broadband on a few occasions and failed! I'm nearly sure I heard somewhere that they were expanding in some way, whether it was an extra mast somewhere or extra bandwidth, I'm not sure.

@ PogMoThoin

Thanks for reminding me about the lousy Last Mile service, I'd been meaning to rip into them online for a while. I only mentioned them because bad and all as they infamously are - they may be the only option for a lot of people desperate for broadband including me when I lived outside Boyle last year. I hated having to sign up with them - felt like I was selling my soul and I'm also glad to be rid of them now.

I only ever received a couple of call backs from Last Mile out of about 20 calls and messages left on various topics. I never received ONE email reply out of 10/15 emails sent and their offering is too slow and too dear and they take way too long to get out to you. They also didn't cancel my account when I moved like I asked them to on numerous occasions and I had to cancel the direct debit manually myself.

Lets hope this new government broadband plan brings a bit of competition nationwide and puts companies and service like theirs to bed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement