Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulcerative colitis & pyodermia gangrenosum

• 11-08-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Someone close to me suffers very badly from the conditions mentioned above, along with a host of other complications which all seem to be related.

I feel pretty helpless about it all, she's depressed and unhappy over it for so long, with good reason, anyone know anyone with the same conditions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

I have Crohss disease and PG. i can understand how someone is depressed. i was diagnosed in April 07 with Crohns and developed PG in Aug 07 but becasue this is such a rare complication of Crohns it was undiagnosed until Sept / Oct 07. I have to say it was the msot painful experiece of my life. I am 27 yrs of age, have a fullfilling life, a good job which i love but i have often in the past yr been on the brink of depression. i suffer from PG on my lower legs, have been on steroids to control it since Sept last yr. it has generally settled down for me now but it has left me with a considerable amount of scar tissue on my lower legs. i'm lucky in that my atttitude is not to hide it, its part of me so people can get used to looking at it! if you want more info pm me, i don't want to pour my heart out any more here:D

Advertisement