Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What grinds your gears?

Options
  • 11-08-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

[Rant thread]
    • Australia naming every sports team - WTF? the hockey team is called the 'Kookaburras' come on, and the Olyroos .. the need to name every sports team
    • 90min TV movies = 2.5 hrs + Ads
    • Bar staff can't remember orders over 2 drinks.
    • Glass collectors taking away drinks with lots left - :eek: (for some reason they always want to take a whiskey away)
    • Today tonight, A current affair - need I say more
    • ESP - Eastern suburb princesses (Think Cargo bar on Saturday)
    • Pokies - seriously
    • NRL players
    • 'Meat' Sausages ... WTF is 'meat'???

Ok I feel much better now :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

hussey wrote: »
    [Rant thread]
    • Australia naming every sports team - WTF? the hockey team is called the 'Kookaburras' come on, and the Olyroos .. the need to name every sports team
    • 90min TV movies = 2.5 hrs + Ads Ya and when watching a match they show ads when a try/goal is scored
    • Bar staff can't remember orders over 2 drinks. You have to repeat everything, even if you speak as clear as possible. It was great when I went home at Christmas I only at to ask once
    • Glass collectors taking away drinks with lots left - :eek: (for some reason they always want to take a whiskey away)
    • Today tonight, A current affair - need I say more
    • ESP - Eastern suburb princesses (Think Cargo bar on Saturday) I won't be seen in that place again or any other bar that hands your change back to you on a plate
    • Pokies - seriously
    • NRL players
    • 'Meat' Sausages ... WTF is 'meat'??? The sausages are pure tripe, the length of them feckin rashers as well, won't fit in the pan

Ok I feel much better now :pac:

I hear you Hussey. Other points to note:
    - Adding 'ezza' or 'azza' to the end of your name i.e. Dezza for Des
    - When they always ask you if you want salt & pepper on your sandwich at the deli. Who the hell puts salt & pepper on their sandwich!
    - When you arrive at the airport customs and they ask where you're staying, they respond with "You Irish, drink all our beeeeee(r) and take all our women"
    - The whole chips for crisps thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The lack of central heating upsets me so much that I think if I mention it to people one more time they'll kill me.

The fact that diet coke tastes like crap here.

The way you can't buy many nice cheese in the supermarket. The cheddar is called mild or tasty, no strong mature cheddar for me any more.

The cost of living in general is really starting to get to me too at the moment. Having a negative few days!

Maybe we should have a positives thread too? so we don't look like miserable whingers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SquirrelOnCrack

hussey wrote: »
    [Rant thread]
    • 'Meat' Sausages ... WTF is 'meat'???

You dont want to know... While we are on the subject, how hard is it to get pork sausages?

The thing that really annoys me is Aussie drivers (or at least Melbourne drivers). Here people seem to think that indicators are only to be used by 'others' to let you know when they are turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

+1 on the ads thing. How the hell am I meant to enjoy Neighbours with four commercial breaks during what is essentially a 20 minute show?!?!?! :mad:

Hoons also piss me off. What 17 year old needs to drive a car with a V8 engine? They should be taken off the road til they know how to respect the car and handle it correctly. My cousin is almost 24, has been driving a V8 Commodore for the last three years, and he still admits to having problems handling it some times. No wonder there are so many road deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You dont want to know... While we are on the subject, how hard is it to get pork sausages?

Aye you can get them in butchers but I find the majority of them rank.
    David Jones has some fantastic ones (but not a patch on Oirish ones)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

You can get good sausages, good pork ones, and the lamb ones are good too. Beef ones don't do it for me. I used to get lots of stick in NZ from kiwis because I wouldn't eat the (lamb 40%, beef 40%, tripe 20%) sausages. I generally think the food in Oz is much better than Ireland and better value for money. And there's a much bigger range of foods.

Actually there's an irish butchers in Kew (melbs), just down from where I work. Although sausages aren't really on the menu for my current health plan.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Actually there's an irish butchers in Kew (melbs), just down from where I work. Although sausages aren't really on the menu for my current health plan.

No way! What street? I work in Kooyong and can go past after work. Do they sell Ham? I mean the one you boil? Cant find them ANYWHERE, I know there was an Irish food place in Dandy but thats way too far for me. Do you know how much Im hanging for bacon, cabbage and potato?

Anyway, back to the subject.. You know what does my head in about the ads? Instead of having ads before and half way through (for a standard 30 min show), the ads are 10 min after start time and 10 min before the end of the show. This pushes the end time 2-3 min over. So for example, if a show finishes at 630, it will finish at 633. I have Foxtel IQ and always miss the end of any show I record.

I think it's called Cotham Road, right at the end of the Glenferrie Road, perpendicular to it. I know it sells irish ham, bacon etc. imported, and probably sausages as he's the "Victorian Sausage King" 2007 apparently. It's called Paddy's Butchers. No surprise there.

Too easy, I work on Glenferrie Rd. I think I have an idea where it is. Cheers, saved me a long drive to Dandenong.

well let me know what it's like I've been working beside it for 6 months and yet to try it

• Advertisement

Can't believe someone is actively seeking bacon, cabbage and potato. I didn't think people actually ate that shit.

i thought he was looking for irish style sausages, which I think that butchers does.

i thought he was looking for irish style sausages, which I think that butchers does.

Post #8 -
    Do you know how much Im hanging for bacon, cabbage and potato?

well you can buy all of those items anywhere no?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

Lads if your looking for good pork sausages get em from:
    http://www.tasteireland.com.au/

They have a warehouse around the corner from where I work so a few of us went over one day and got them,and I have to say they are fantastic! Proper pork sausages made by an Irish butcher in Sydney.
    Its one of the only things I miss from Ireland,that and butter (they stock kerry gold as well ;) )

Oh and club orange too...hmmmmm :p

well you can buy all of those items anywhere no?

Yeah but my point is why you would want to. I always thought the whole cabbage and bacon thing was just another untrue Irish stereotype but I've heard a number of people say they love it in the last while. Strange.

that place in kew has club orange lol

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah but my point is why you would want to. I always thought the whole cabbage and bacon thing was just another untrue Irish stereotype but I've heard a number of people say they love it in the last while. Strange.

I always ate when I was young, my aussie g/f loves it too. You can get bacon here but its not the one Im looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

that place in kew has club orange lol

They have cans of Club orange in PJ's!

I always ate when I was young, my aussie g/f loves it too. You can get bacon here but its not the one Im looking for.

Hmmm must be a culchie thing so! :p

There's a British shop around the corner from me that does all sorts of stuff from home. The ma always posts me over stuff too. Had one of those new Creme Egg bars for breakfast today. Mmmmmm....

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmm must be a culchie thing so! :p

Im from Dublin..

yeah come on have you never had cabbage and bacon???

Im from Dublin..

Lol apologies so

I honestly don't remember having it. I think I was force fed cabbage for a while as a kid. I don't eat vegetables now though and haven't done so in about 10 years (potatoes, beans and peas being the only exceptions) so I can't say I have

You don't eat vegetables? Do you intend to live beyond 50?!?!

Yeah I'll be grand. I eat all sorts of meat and plenty of fruit so should be ok. If they didn't taste so manky then maybe I would eat them.

I've honestly never had bacon and cabbage, as a meal together, ever in my life. I've had them seperately, as part of other meals, obviously, but never together.

I thought it was a country thing too, but obviously not.

Its a traditional Irish meal.. A real traditional Irish meal. Its really nice, you should try it. I mix my spuds and cabbage together and use some HP brown sauce. Hmmm... Im hungry now.

no i'm from dublin and both my folks are too and we used to eat it when I was a wain. Xavi vegetables don't taste manky you just need to train your palate to enjoy them, I wouldn't eat them till I was about 16 now I eat heaps every night.

Its a traditional Irish meal.. A real traditional Irish meal. Its really nice, you should try it. I mix my spuds and cabbage together and use some HP brown sauce. Hmmm... Im hungry now.

Sounds bleedin' delish man!

• Advertisement

I've tried to get a taste for them and I just can't do it.

If they're chopped up REALLY small so I don't notice them then it's all good. For example, I love vegetable soup, just don't have it very often.
    Sounds bleedin' delish man!

Ya scummy fucker

Advertisement