Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy size 14 shoes in Galway City

Options
  • 12-08-2008 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello all
    Anyone know if theres anywhere that sells them?
    the only shop near me has very few and im going to galway wensday so might get some if they have them there..
    thanks all :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

A friend of mine has size 14 shoes and he finds it difficult to get any, theshops in galway dont usually stock them, but i think he has gotten Logues to order him some from Dubarry before.

Weirdly, he has always found Tralee to be very good for size 14 shoes, both normal and sports shoes. Ithink this is because they get a lot of visiting basketballers down there, big 7ft guys, sometimes taller even, so the shops stock the size, could be worth a look if you're ever down that end of the country!

Of course theres always online; www.nike.com is a great site for runners and you can even design and personalise your own.

I have a pair with my name on....sad but cool...or so i like to think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I feel your pain - I take a size 13 and often have to wear plain looking shoes because I have no choice. I can only speak about buying size 13, I sometimes pick up shoes in Hynes' Shoes, Galway Shopping Centre and also Green's in Eyre Sq Centre.Recently, I have successfull bought shoes on-line from an American website www.shoesxl.com and am happy with result.

You know what they say about guys with big shoes?

Guys with big shoes have big feet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

My friend has the exact same problem.

Thats why he found Tralee good, cos he actually could get decent looking shoes down there in his size!!!

But that website deffo sounds ideal! Probably the best bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bryan Habana

Logues on Eyre square have them but admittedly not a great selection. I also got a pair of rugby boots in the sports store downstairs in Corbett court. They're hard to find but they're in it.

My friend has the exact same problem.

Thats why he found Tralee good, cos he actually could get decent looking shoes down there in his size!!!

But that website deffo sounds ideal! Probably the best bet!
    I found the same thing on holidays there a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks all might get some offline so if i cant find an there will have a look in logues

Just out of interest what height are you Ricky (if you don't mind me asking)? I take a 14 too (around 6'5''/6'6'') but know of a guy who took a 15-16 in shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm 6'4" only 17 though so might get abit taller not to worried really!but i dont want my feet to grow any bigger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

I used to be a size 14 when I was 16 or 17. At age 20 I can now just about squeeze into a size 11, so don't worry about your feet getting bigger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

ricky91t wrote: »
    I'm 6'4" only 17 though so might get abit taller not to worried really!but i dont want my feet to grow any bigger!

You prob won't grow noticeably taller. Maybe a quarter inch. I'm your height since I was sixteen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement