Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

huawei e220 modems and BSOD's

Options
  • 12-08-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

howdy all,

just wondering if anyone has seen or experienced issues lately with their huawei E220 modems on XP causing BSOD's (Blue screens of death, or hard crashes) with stop errors (0x1000007e etc..) which seem to point at the modem and its drivers. I have come across two machines lately which would BSOD just before XP booted to the desktop (pulling the modem would prevent this), or at other times where the 3G connection becomes unstable (drops and reconnects repeatedly) and eventually causes a BSOD. Some of these machines have been working for over a year or more with the modem without problems. I suspect a windows update is responsible but cannot be sure. The latest modem software on 3's website (have not checked voda or O2 though) seem to contain the same driver version as those already installed, so I'm not sure that a driver update will make any difference..

stylers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Might be worth checking if you have Hoo Technologies Net Meter installed and running on any of these machines as I have found with another USB modem (not huawei) if I unplug the USB cable for the modem with Net Meter running my machine reboots. When Net Meter is not running I don't get the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

Some of these machines have been working for over a year or more with the modem without problems. I suspect a windows update is responsible but cannot be sure...

perhaps there is a malicious driver running? interfering with the modems driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

I've checked the machine's over and found no signs of malware, so don't think that's the case. I'll see what happens, if they keep at it I'll reinstall with the latest drivers from three and O2..

Advertisement