Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

numb??

Options
  • 12-08-2008 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Right its gonna sound a bit silly but i got my tongue pierced today and i dont know if it was numbed or not. it was wiped with an alcohol wipe (so the guy said) but is that not just to clean it? Was it numbed?? I felt the needle and it was sore but not bad at all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I didn't feel much when I got my tongue pierced either and it wasn't numbed. Totally normal. Keep up with the after care advice the piercer gave you and you'll be back to normal soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 i-luv-pancakes

ah cool thanks! All is going well... Trying to get the hang of eating. Any tips? Im starvin!

soup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

ah cool thanks! All is going well... Trying to get the hang of eating. Any tips? Im starvin!

Mashed potato and ice-cream.

not at the same time i hope :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

soup soup, a tasty soup soup, a
    spicy carrot and corriander,
    chilli chowder!
    crouton crouton!
    crunchy friends in a liquid broth,
    I am gespatchio Ooh!
    I am a summer soup Mmmm!
    Miso Miso
    Fighting in the dojo
    Miso Miso
    Oriental Prince in the land of soup :D

Haha. The Mighty Boosh is the best!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Soundman wrote: »
    Mashed potato and ice-cream.

Wrong, WRONG, WRONG!

Steer clear of any and all dairy foods whenever possible!
    Dairy products + tongue piercing is a bad idea, and any decent piercer should inform you of this when you get it done!

Uh oh. I have eaten a fair bit of dairy food but um rinsing with the mouth wash i got after everything i eat... thanks for the heads up though. i didnt know that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I got loaded and was eating pizza(slowly) the same day i had it pierced. Never got infected or swollen. I love how my body heals

• Advertisement

i did the stupidest thing and went on the p!ss :-/ stupid behaviour on my part

suffered greatly for it, tongue swelled to epic proportions, my own fault and throoughly deserved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I did the same as Will, on one hand it was interesting seeing my tongue swollen enough to fill the entire length of the bar, on the other... ick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Ah I know you aren't supposed to have dairy. I'm just an insanely picky eater and it was that or starve. :p

so its end of day three with new piercing and i'm in absolute AGONY! its slightly yellow but ive asked a piercer and he says thats normal. its still horribly painful right now though!:(:(

Starting to regret it a small bit :(

This time next week it will be a lot better! Chin up kiddo!

Just seems to be getting worse and worse but i'll trust ya :rolleyes: bring on next week!!!!! NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RuthieBaby13200

Hi OP, dont regret it trust me, in a weeks time you'll be so delighted you didnt take it out!! I have mine done over 4 years now and I love it!
    I ate mash and found it tough, just drink plenty of water, and keep cleaning it! I found Oral B very gud!!!!

Enjoy it!:)

Sucking on ice cubes will help reduce swelling and numb it somewhat also

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you smash up some ice cubes in a glass of cold water it'll help too. Water around melting ice is colder, so this would help too!

hehe glad i waited. a week today. swellings down, pains prety much gone and eating normally. Absolutely loving it :D

Maybe i exaggerated a little with the whole pain thing :P
    Feeling a tad silly now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Everyone goes through it :)
    don't feel silly at all

Advertisement