Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubs & Socs Ball

• 12-08-2008 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just headed into second year now and I didn't go to the clubs and socs ball last year, obviously because I wasn't involved yet! I got really involved in first year, but I'm not on any committees. I'm just wondering, is it difficult to get a ticket to the Clubs and Socs Ball, or is it a committee priority type thing? I really want to go this year!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

How far are you willing to go?

You might just have to do some things you may not be proud of and may later regret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭cognos

Just ask a friend thats on a club or soc committee to get you one - thats what I done (pretend to be friends with one if you don't have any). If you're on a committee it shouldn't be any hassle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

or...queue early when they go on general sale.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

I've always had my tickets before general sale because of committee/C&S involvement, but I still queue up - it's so much fun. Especially when there's beer involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

rugbug86 wrote: »
    I've always had my tickets before general sale because of committee/C&S involvement, but I still queue up - it's so much fun. Especially when there's beer involved.

gettin mouldy in queue yeah?

is the date set yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

At the moment it's set for Tuesday 4th November.. Can't wait!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭goodgodholmes

Didn't know they go on general sale, thought they were only available through clubs and socs... take it they sell out fast then? How early would one have to queue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I've heard of people queing at 6, but last year i heard they didnt actually sell out for a few hours. Not too sure though

siobhanoh wrote: »
    At the moment it's set for Tuesday 4th November.. Can't wait!! :D
    do you happen to know of the venue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭goodgodholmes

:| wrote: »
    I've heard of people queing at 6, but last year i heard they didnt actually sell out for a few hours. Not too sure though

6am I assume?! Oh god... I'll have to try my hardest to get them through a committee!

• Advertisement

do you happen to know of the venue?

it is in Citiwest

thanks

I didn't think it'd ever be in City West again after the last time in City West.

Why not the Burlo?

Oh and yes, I queued at 6 am last year to get tickets. And I was at the back of the line. Bring beer, sleeping bags and friends. You'll often find people taking shifts throughout the night.

Oh and yes, I queued at 6 am last year to get tickets. And I was at the back of the line. Bring beer, sleeping bags and friends. You'll often find people taking shifts throughout the night.
    Judging by the effort it must be some ****ing night thats in it, I await my 1st ball in good spirit :)

I didn't think it'd ever be in City West again after the last time in City West.

Why not the Burlo?

Because it is closed.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0102/burlington.html

Also Citiwest is the only one that is big enough to hold 1000 or so people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Everyone knew last year that it wasn't gonna be there anymore. What citiwest like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Judging by the effort it must be some ****ing night thats in it, I await my 1st ball in good spirit :)
    Yup, it's one of the best nights of the year by far, well worth going to. Glad to see it's not in the Burlo this year, I think the place was becoming rather tired what with every decent event DCU had being hosted there. That said Citiwest is a good bit out so it'll cost you a good bit to get there if you're getting a cab. :o

Did busses not leave from beside the helix last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

City west is a horrible venue location wise. If your getting a taxi you can expect to pay a fare of €40-50. There was 1 night I got charged €95(there was 4 of us but it wasn't that big a de-tour)

I was under the impression the Burlo got re-opened recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Did busses not leave from beside the helix last year?
    There are buses, but just on the off chance you're going somewhere apart from DCU afterwards it's just something to bear in mind.

Because it is closed.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0102/burlington.html

Also Citiwest is the only one that is big enough to hold 1000 or so people.
    The Grad Ball is on in the Burlo a week after the C&S Ball, so it is open. I thought it was closed too, but it aint.

If I was going to the ball in Citywest I'd be booking a hotel cos there's never enough buses back to DCU from the venue, unless that's changing cos the venue is miles out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

If it is on in citywest I would suggest you make whoever organises ensure there is an adequate amount of buses for everyone. It is an expensive enough as it is

Jesus i never thought of that, but Id imagine a good portion of the crowd head back to DCU - people on campus, shanowen etc.....

**** that if yer stuck out there at 3 or 4am......

Advertisement