Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

velux windows

Options
  • 12-08-2008 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

are these hard to put into an attic room ? how long would it take somebody to install one . somebody that has never done one before?

thanks ..

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DJKAV wrote: »
    are these hard to put into an attic room ? how long would it take somebody to install one . somebody that has never done one before?

thanks ..

if you are retro fitting them into an existing roof, i would advise you get somebody with experience to fit them for you. maybe you could help them but i wouldnt "have a go at it" imo.

i got mine fitted professionally and one of them still leaked! not a problem as i hadnt painted around them yet and the guy is fixing but they are tricky to get the felting and flashing right.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,160 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is probably better off in DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Easier to retro-fit in a tiled roof.
    As not all the concrete tiles will be nailed into position.
    Cutting the felt in an "X" in the correct position is very important.
    Setting the velux square and plumb is a bit of a skilled job but not impossible for diy.
    But still a tricky job.

Extremely difficult to reto-fit in a slate roof... seek a professional carpenter!

Advertisement