Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting challenge.. whos with me? :]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Ya exercise is helping me too weather is demotivating my want to walk and run though. I have tried protien shakes keep hunger at bay and seemed pretty good. God crest whitening stripes the other day , so on my way to being fit healthy with a white smile! Just need to keep away from them!

Gosh what were we thinking smoking for so long??!! This is much better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dubgirl15

I know its great! i have booked a dentist appointment for next week for teeth cleaning! No point trying to starve yourselve at all, just try to pig out on healthy enough stuff and drink buckets of water! Im starting to feel more confident every day and also thinking about it less and less

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Silver33

Hi there! I had my first night out with no smokes on Saturday. It didn't bother me at all. It really helped that I didn't have any smoking friends in my company. The night out was great.. I met lots of people I normally would not see as I'd be out in the smoking areas all night! I find I'm thinking about them less and less. Had a stressful day Friday and craved them but it was down to thinking a smoke would help! Thankfully got through it. Really chuffed with myself! Its great also when people are really surprised you're still off them! Two weeks tomorrow! :p

I would be a month today ... if I hadn't gone out on saturday night and smoked!! I know Im a disgrace I feel so used:(:mad:
    But still not gonna go back please dont make same mistaks I did!

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    I would be a month today ... if I hadn't gone out on saturday night and smoked!! I know Im a disgrace I feel so used:(:mad:
    Just keep going from now! It was only a minor slip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

We all know just how hard it is to quit, and how easy it can be to make a minor slip (as dubgirl has said). You're still an ex-smoker!

Its all too easily done! Just start again and consider it a blip! It could happen any of us! I dread the night when I'm out with a gang of smokers! That will be the real test. Good luck with it! :o

Thanks guys
    Would be a month and 2 days if I had not smoked on saturday- none the less saved a packet..
    Will give up drinking for November so hopefully that will help - I think I will set myself a new challange - get pissed without smoking! Folks meeting with this weekend are all non smokers so hopefully will help.
    Well done guys -I am gonna keep going and see it a as a lesson learned!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Howya's!

How are we all getting on? I think I'm 10 weeks today, I've had a couple of minor slip up's on nights out but to be honest I'm not beating myself up about it, I'm doing better than I've ever done before and I'm very proud of myself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Well done Cmol, keep it up!! Nearly 3 weeks myself, another 2 to go before I beat my last attempt \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

DarkJager wrote: »
    Well done Cmol, keep it up!! Nearly 3 weeks myself, another 2 to go before I beat my last attempt \o/

Awesome! I think my longest before this was two weeks ... ive the will power of a kid in a candy shop! :p

I'd love to know how many of the originals were still going!

Well im still going strong, was four weeks off them yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Well done dubgirl! We quit practically at the same time. Yesterday (20th) was the one month mark for me. :D

The longest I ever managed off them in the past was ~4 days. So that hurdle has long since been cleared. The only other hurdle coming up is the one where I can say that I've been a non-smoker (cumulatively) for longer than I was a smoker, but that's 9 years away, so I won't be counting down the days to that one.

At least for now, every day is a record-breaking duration off the smokes. :p

well done all! 3 weeks for me hurray!!! havent done any exercise yet!! November 1st will start that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wee g

Hi again everyone, am still on the champix and am now at day 46 fag free. Hope you are all well and keep up the good work.....well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

How are people doing on this, I see nearly 200 posts, there are at least 20 other people who've said on this thread they are giving up. How are we all doing??

Oh, I found the ticker below if anyone's interested: http://smokefreequitmeter.com

39186.png

Advertisement