Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using PvP gear for tanking Heroics?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Hey, Im on Chromaggus with a Tauren Feral Druid and like every realm Iv ever been on theres a terrible shortage of tanks. I mainly PvP with my Druid (Have a Paladin I tank with on a different server), but would like to help out people who whisper me saying they need a tank for heroic instance X. Iv never done a heroic instance or a raid and this Druid is my first and only level 70.

I have full the Merciless and Vindicator gear set and the 2 handed Feral Mace, giving around 370 resilience. Does resilience work in PVE for crit immunity? I have a tanking set too that Iv enchanted with Defence stats that gives me around 407 defence (need 415 as aDruid). Ironically the PvP gear gives me more hit points and armor, and lets me do way more damage (and thus threat).

So does resilience work in PvE, and what stats should I have for tanking heroic dungeons, and which dungeons should I start with? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hi Flex,

Yes resilence works for pve crit immunity. You can get the 2.6% (for lvl 73 bosses) you need via pure resilence, pure defense or a combination of both with the caveat that with resilence you don't obtain the slight avoidance gain of defense.

The pvp gear is solid tanking gear particuarly s3 and up due to the reitemisation. It is typically higher on sta, lower on agi and lower on ac then the equivalent tiered item so you can choose to gem it differently to compensate if required. However on the s3 stuff and up again you get additional perks (mainly threat based) such as hit rating ar pen etc.

Other then that then you're just looking at armour, sta and agi as your mainstays while maintaining crit immunity.

This piece of software here http://druid.wikispaces.com/Rawr can be used to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yes, resilience works in pve. I'm not sure of the exact amount needed, but for druids I suspect its pretty low.

If you have a high enough health pool you can easily get away with being a few percentage short of crit immune. Your armour and natural health pool will overcome this minor short coming anyways ;)

I'll offer more useless wisdom later ;)

Advertisement