Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best FM Transmitter to use in BMW

Options
  • 12-08-2008 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all

Just bought a BMW 318, I have a FM Transmitter that i used in my old car with no problems, for some reason now the transmitter doesn't sync with a channel on the radio.

I think this could be because the aerial in the BM is in the back window, i could be wrong!!

Is there anyone using a Fm transmitter in there BM that works fine, if so can you tell me what make it is?

Or does anyone have any suggestions for good FM Transmitters to use

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

I think the general consensus is that FM transmitters do not work particularly well in BMW's full stop. I used a Belkin one for a while until I gave up on it - it was just too frustrating.

I now use one of these which works perfectly - provided you have a cassette deck!!

Other options include something like this.

Ive one of these in my e46 compact and it works fine.

The aerial is in the back window for the e46s anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I have an iTrip and it works fine in my E46 330d Touring. Quality is as good as can be expected from a FM transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The Dension IceLink is popular with a good few owners. Because mine came with a crappy tape deck, I just use one of the tape adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

itrip doesnt word in 535d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I also have a 318 and i use the Logic that i bought in Argos, it cost 30bills and has a standard mp3 connection and an ipod connection (good variation) It also has an on and off switch and a channel selector. I found it works best at 107.9 . Word of warning though, due to the location of the aerial everytime you use the back window heater, the electrical interference will mess with the transmission. Other than that ive found it a quality unit. Only got it 3 weeks ago, as i lost my Iriver one.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Listermint

Thanks for that I'll have a look at this.

Cheers
    Rob

Advertisement