Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF is the story with Blessington?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭

It's just one big roadwork these days, and they don't give any logical thought to the huge amounts of traffic passing through on a daily basis. E.g., giving more green time in the stop-go system to Dublin-bound traffic in the mornings, and vice versa in the evenings. Or actually finishing up before rush hour in the evenings in the first place.

I came through yesterday at around 5.10pm and the traffic was backed up all the way past Doran's Pit and actually out past the 50/100 speed limit change & traffic islands. I changed my mind and went down Red Lane fairly sharpish, but there's another blimmin stop-go system there too!

Seriously, it's as if Wicklow Co-co and all the utilities providers decided to have a competition to see who could have the most roadworks going on at the same time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

Understand your frustration 100%! Work in blesso for the past six years and every month, no exageration, there's some part of the road been dug up! They opened up the new ring round, back of dunnes, but some days it takes twice as long to go round cos the road works are either end of the town!!! have had many a frustrating day, had to give up goin up the town for lunch as the hour was wasted battling through roadworks n lights and then when u eventually find parking some moran has decided to park behind you - as they were just running into the shop for a min!!! aarrrgggghhhhhhhh

Advertisement