Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross posting in Prison

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

A long long time ago I was in prison, and I could only reply to the threads I created... I now see people can reply to other peoples threads in Prison. Almost their own community (awwwwwwww). Is this intentional, or an oversight, after an upgrade?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Perhaps you should get yourself site banned again so you can join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Amz wrote: »
    Perhaps you should get yourself site banned again so you can join in.
    Ah ha ha. No. Once was enough. Learnt meh lesson.

the_syco wrote: »
    Ah ha ha. No. Once was enough. Learnt meh lesson.
    Sometimes I wonder ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Can someone help me? I think I took a wrong turn at Soc and ended up in the Thunderdome...

Can someone help me? I think I took a wrong turn at Soc and ended up in the Thunderdome...
    Maybe you should have stopped and asked for directions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

A long long time ago I was in prison, and I could only reply to the threads I created... I now see people can reply to other peoples threads in Prison. Almost their own community (awwwwwwww). Is this intentional, or an oversight, after an upgrade?
    I think this was intentional and happened some time ago. Only sitebanned users can post on Prison. And a couple of other anomolies..

Maybe you should have stopped and asked for directions.
    Funny, I'm pretty sure that's what I'm doing... :confused:

But you're already lost sweetheart, it's too late now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

But you're already lost sweetheart, it's too late now.

Stop flirting and get back to work!

Sully wrote: »
    Stop flirting and get back to work!
    I will, if you will.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I will, if you will.

Deal.

*wonders off*

But now who's going to hold my hand??

But now who's going to hold my hand??
    Maybe you could request "hand holding", as a new Subscriber feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Must be a slow tuesday for some :/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think it probably is an oversight. I'm not sure its a good idea to allow to chatter amongst themselves.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

DeVore wrote: »
    I think it probably is an oversight. I'm not sure its a good idea to allow to chatter amongst themselves.

DeV.

I think that it could actually end up turning into a forum for general chat rather than prison, or a 'community' as the OP said.

Plus taking away the ability to post in other threads will be funny for the first while as they all complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I also recommend that we turn on captcha and security questions for all new threads in Prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I think only Pighead, RoundyMooney, Smods and Admins should be allowed cross post... and some of the 'tards that get sitebanned can't even spell the captchas, so it's a pointless venture... actually, wait a sec, if that stops them from posting, thats great....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Remove all bbcode aswell

They can youtube o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

prison? as in mountjoy and a bar of soap or prison as in a forum here? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Oh and make it so that all their text appears under the spoiler tag for epic annoyance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Spoiler tag combined with strike through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I read this thread title as "Cross-dressing in Prision".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

DeV.
    Solitary confinement for all?

Hard core.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Is this intentional, or an oversight, after an upgrade?
    A legend is what it is! Seeing some of the antiquated troll posts they roll out, ah it brings a tear to the eye... *sniff* Letting Pighead in was a stroke of Genius by the way, that's with a capital G as it's such a capital idea. I think that paedo fellow even manged a fifty hitler post... ah the memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

DeV.
    Only really noticed it when manTime did it. The others usually grow tired of prison quickly, and f**k off, but manTime seems to stay. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I think when you post in there you should be given an arbitrary maths test. Like, say I get sitebanned and want to post 'All Boardsies are Pedrophiles!'.

When I try to post that a box should come up saying 'Whats the square root of 256?'. A timer would be nice aswell.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

DeV.
    Done.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Only really noticed it when manTime did it. The others usually grow tired of prison quickly, and f**k off, but manTime seems to stay. Odd.

Well it is manTime in fairness, he's hardly the brightest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

which mantime? isn't there about 15 "people" with mantime in their username? :pac:

Advertisement