Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless network

• 12-08-2008 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Guys

just had a look at expansys for a wireless network card for the xbox360 and it's costing about €80 + shipping.

I'm heading to the US in a few weeks and reckon it may be a tad cheaper over there. anyone know if they are compatible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yep. Any official Xbox360 wireless adaptor will work. They can be got for about €60 delivered on Ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

sweet, just checked wal-mart site and amazon and they cost about $88 so that's a bit cheaper then what expansys are offering tehm at.

I'll look at ebay also cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dade wrote: »
    sweet, just checked wal-mart site and amazon and they cost about $88 so that's a bit cheaper then what expansys are offering tehm at.

I'll look at ebay also cheers.

It may be impractical for you but you would save loads buying a long ethernet cable instead and you would have a more reliable connection that way! just a thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I use ethernet myself via powerline adaptors. These are pricier but work very well as the room the Xbox is in doesnt have a good reception for my WiFi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

i have a long enough patch lead i just couldn't be bothered wiring the cable into the attic and back to the living room to be honest. though i agree with the reliability over wireless. still looking at the laptop i get full strength over wireless in the same room the xbox is so that probably wont be an issue.

final question. are the games regionalised, so if i buy in the us can i use them in Ireland?

• Advertisement
Advertisement