Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, the end is near and...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LaylaDarling

any other of you bright feckers doing arts? in the sense that tomorrow doesn't really matter...? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hope everyone gets what they want tomorrow!

Whatever happens get a good night out of it... if you don't get your course... well then that's an even bigger excuse to get pissed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Resi12 wrote: »
    I hope everyone does well :D I know im going to fail but im saying it so i dont have high expectations!

Thats the spirit!! ok, were all gonna FAIL! *big obvious wink* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

lizt wrote: »
    Hope everyone gets what they want tomorrow!

Do you then?? What scheme have you hatched?? Why careth you thus??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow, although we live in a system where everyone can't get what they want.......not immediately anyway. But there are other routes and avenues to most things so even if you're results are terrible it's not the end of the World. There is always a way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

I'm honestly not nervous in the slightest :p i think i did okay,unless i failed ordinary Maths and i'm........in big trouble :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

turgon wrote: »
    Do you then?? What scheme have you hatched?? Why careth you thus??

Because it's nice to be nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

9am cometh the hour, cometh the man/woman (yeah woman sort of takes the sock out of it :D )

as you open your envelope i want you to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat .....no idea how one would do that with an envelope but for the craic give it a lash.....sleep tight......might be the best nights sleep you get in a while.....i mean because you'll do so well tomorrow of course and the excitement will keep you awake for nights :rolleyes:.....and before you leave the house in the morning....look up the definition of success in the dictionary....don't think it says anything about the leaving cert results :D Best of luck everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

...."its all over, its all about to begin"....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Saying Good Luck doesnt really make sense. Luck is out of the equation by now. Your results are already snug in their little ebvelope, being sped to your respective schools.

So i wont say Good Luck. I'll just say that I hope you all are content with what you see once you open your envelope.

And whether your having a celebratory binge or drowning your sorrows tomorrow night, I hope to see you all in one way or another just having the laugh that we all deserve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Best wishes then Matt :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

You too King :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Best Wishes to everyone, hope you're happy with what you get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

MattD wrote: »
    Saying Good Luck doesnt really make sense. Luck is out of the equation by now. Your results are already snug in their little ebvelope, being sped to your respective schools.
    One could argue that the wavefunction of probability has not yet collapsed, so really, anything could happen. ANYTHING!

They're possibly already at the school, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just want to say to everyone who is waiting on results, don't worry if you don't get the results you wanted and therefore the course you hoped to get. There are many options after- repeating, PLCs, doing a related course and then transferring/postgrad options, Open University, UK colleges, mature student option (in a few years).

I did my LC in 2000, 8 years ago. Got average points, (I crashed and burned in 6th year). Did PLC course, then a college course, got great experience in the industry I trained in and now hoping to return to college next year as a mature student and do something completely different!

It's not the end of the world! And in a years time, believe me no-one will be asking you "How many points did ye get?".

I know ye'll all still be feeling sick inside but just bear this in mind! And good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

One could argue that the wavefunction of probability has not yet collapsed, so really, anything could happen. ANYTHING!

They're possibly already at the school, too.

gawd i hope there isn't a fire :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

hey guys. when do we get our results?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Best of luck !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Peleus wrote: »

Today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Hey guys, Just to say hope ya all get what ya want, and if ya dont its not the end of the world believe me.

Finished my LC in 2004 and got offered my 4th choice. Wasnt sure bout it but went for it. Have since finished the undergraduate degree and just finished my masters.

Just shows u that even if you think you are not interested in a course, things can change for the better.

Good luck all!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Peleus wrote: »
    What planet were you living on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

pathway33 wrote: »
    and before you leave the house in the morning....look up the definition of success in the dictionary....don't think it says anything about the leaving cert results
    :D:D HAHA Brilliant!

Good luck everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭spillit67

What did i miss something, is there something on tomorrow of importance?!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think it's the olympics or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vengeance

Whatever happens, if you pass, or fail, don't feel crushed. Life has a lot more to offer than something written by someone who messed up their leaving cert ten years earlier.

Move to the states and take the stockbroker exam. That will make you millions more than being a doctor or lawyer here, i guarantee it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Good luck guys. Really it's never as bad as you expect to be and even if you don't do as well as you hoped, you'll get past it and move onto greater things. I did my LC all the way back in 2009 and I was nearly ****ting myself when results day came around. When I finally got them I realised that all the hype surrounding the results is just that, hype!

I can't even remember what I got it was so long ago, ha. God, I couldn't even tell you the name of my course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

wow what am I still doing up... good luck all

Im off to TRY to get some sleep

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Good luck tomorrow folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Davidius wrote: »
    Good luck guys. Really it's never as bad as you expect to be and even if you don't do as well as you hoped, you'll get past it and move onto greater things. I did my LC all the way back in 2009 and I was nearly ****ting myself when results day came around. When I finally got them I realised that all the hype surrounding the results is just that, hype!

I can't even remember what I got it was so long ago, ha. God, I couldn't even tell you the name of my course.
    zoolander.jpg

heheh future boy:D

Anyway good luck tommorow--only got a tiny bit nervous when people said good luck:pac:

Advertisement