Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor's for afforable housing

Options
  • 12-08-2008 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Im hearin loads of people talking about solicitors doing special rates for affordable housing but iv been calling everywhere for the last 2 days and i dont think anyone do accomadate. Im paying €160,000 for my house and fees are coming in at €1300 at best which in fairness is good.

What i was wondering if anyone knows is do they really have to do land reg and search fees etc when your are buying from the council. I have rng them and asked them but trying to get an answer there is like trying to get blood from a stone.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

stevoman wrote: »
    Im hearin loads of people talking about solicitors doing special rates for affordable housing but iv been calling everywhere for the last 2 days and i dont think anyone do accomadate. Im paying €160,000 for my house and fees are coming in at €1300 at best which in fairness is good.

What i was wondering if anyone knows is do they really have to do land reg and search fees etc when your are buying from the council. I have rng them and asked them but trying to get an answer there is like trying to get blood from a stone.

Yes. I assume you are getting a mortgage, well the Bank insist on Judgement or Bankruptcy searches being carried out against you for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Maximilian wrote: »
    Yes. I assume you are getting a mortgage, well the Bank insist on Judgement or Bankruptcy searches being carried out against you for example.

yes im going with first active so i am instead of getting a council loan. my reason is people who have got councul loans have complained about the interest rates so i got a fixed 4.7% from first active for 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Not to hyjack the thread...but Stevoman that is a great rate from first active considering the current climate. Do you mind me asking if you got that long ago because I got a similar rate about 2 months ago and now when I went to actually get it all the rates are much higher!

boffin wrote: »
    Not to hyjack the thread...but Stevoman that is a great rate from first active considering the current climate. Do you mind me asking if you got that long ago because I got a similar rate about 2 months ago and now when I went to actually get it all the rates are much higher!

Boffin, i got the rate about a month ago, but the lender tiold me that raye for them wont be moving as they had just gone up recently. that was 4-5 weeks ago.

boffin wrote: »
    Boffin, aplolagies, i just called them. the rate is gone up. it is now 5.99% fixed over 5 years. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Thanks stevoman, was having a slight heart attack when you said that rate - was about to have a serious talk with my mortgage broker :)

Advertisement