Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Tax Relief

Options
  • 12-08-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you can claim tax credits for the actual Exam fee's?

I see that they cover the different MCSE courses around but its unclear about the Exam Fees if you are not doing a course. I will have done 7 MCP's by Thursday so its definitely worth claiming if possible.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

No idea tbh, your best bet is to call and ask. Sure let us know how you get on, would be interesting to know for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Just wanted to see if anyone was claiming at the moment as i dont know how accurate of a reply i will get....would be easy to just say no, which i hope they dont.

I have emailed them now so just waiting for a reply. Will post up my findings ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Any reply to your email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Dear Colin,

There is no tax relief due for registration fees, course literature, exam fees, college facility and/or utility fees, etc. Income tax relief is available for the actual tuition fees only. The bursars of the colleges are familiar with what qualifies or not for relief and prepare the relevant receipts for support of tax relief.

Yours sincerely

South City IT/CT

Thats the reply i got from them yesterday after waiting a week. It would have been nice to get a bit of money back but its only the Training that can be claimed for :rolleyes:

Advertisement