Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub selling multipacks bottles of beer

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I remember an off-licence attached to a pub in baldoyle.The owner is a multi-millionaire,they used to sell cans of beer past thier sell by date for the full price(some of these vcans would have rust on the bottoms).I assume they were getting them cheap from somewhere and flogging them on.
    At that time sterling was worth nearly double what the pound was and yet a freind of mine was offerd a fiver irish for an english ten pound note.
    Miserable,greedy bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 saintlizi86

How do you report a pub for selling multipack bottles??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Step 1 - Resurrect 3 year old thread
    Step 2 - ????
    Step 3 - Profit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Pub owners do this a lot. A pub land lord near me goes to dunnes stores everytime they have miller/bud/corona reduced and cleans the place out. He's paying less than a euro a bottle and sells it on at over four euros.

Yep, seen that too and know of pubs that go buy a lot of their stock just across the border in standard public shops!
    Not illegal - but do they pass any savings onto the public? No (as is their right to be honest too) and they make more profit.
    Thats just the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

The only issue I have with it is the pubs bleating about having to charge insane prices because of suppliers costs, rent, staff yadda yadda - trying to justify charging €6 for a bottle of beer. And then going and buying on the cheap.

If they're buying it cheap and selling it cheap - happy days.
    If not then they're ripping people off.

ETA : whoops- just saw the date of the OP :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

How do you report a muppet for buying bottles of beer with a huge mark up from a pub??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

There's nothing illegal with selling on multipack product - even if it says "not for individual resale" on the side it has no legal force.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread is old. You can probably find a fresher thread in Beers, under Food section.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement