Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Omnia

• 12-08-2008 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Seen this about the internet and can find it on ebay for about 650euro sim free.
    Does anyone who if O2 or any other network is planning to bring it out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Considering that vodafone's current top 3 or 4 prepay phones are samsungs (pricewise, I mean) I'd expect that one to come soon... On the other hand: maybe it'd be too much competition for their own tocco?
    O2 might pick it up as an iphone alternative?
    Heck, who knows? Won't be tesco...that IS certain ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Does anybody if this is being released on Meteor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

I'd also love any info on whether this will be launched on Meteor, or any other. I'm considering getting a Tocco or N95 but not sure if I should wait for this to be released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Was about to change to meteor tomorrow and pick up the tocco for €50 until I heard about the Omnia......

Any ideas on lanuch date/network/price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Nothing solid but Meteor around xmas! i holding off til next year if i pray hard enough you never know(N96 March :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

any more info on this???

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

Vodafone have the Omnia in stock now but a little on the pricey side. Looks like a cool phone though.

Think it was €339 on a €70/month price plan

Not available on the website yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dools2007 wrote: »
    Vodafone have the Omnia in stock now but a little on the pricey side. Looks like a cool phone though.

Think it was €339 on a €70/month price plan

Not available on the website yet.

Vodafone = rip-off.

I would rather purchase it on eBay for substantially more than pay that much on contract.

bill pay out of contract, going to either move to vodafone and get the omnia, or to 3 ad get the renoir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Can't seem to find any info on any of their sites about this phone.
    Anybody have more info please?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

on vodafones?
    its not online.
    just google it

metalfest wrote: »
    on vodafones?
    its not online.
    just google it

I was just looking for prices on vodafone, 02 etc.

only vodafone have it, yet annoyingly enough they are trying to move more toccos before they bring the omnia online i think....

only vodafone have it, yet annoyingly enough they are trying to move more toccos before they bring the omnia online i think....

I see what you mean, was hoping 02 would have it out of contract with them but i just could'nt be arsed switching.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

A sim-free 8 GB version can be got for about €490 incl. delivery from the UK.

Edit: http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/1396/samsung-omnia-8gb

Sarn wrote: »
    A sim-free 8 GB version can be got for about €490 incl. delivery from the UK.

Do you have a link please?
    Cheers.

anyone know if this is sold unlocked by voda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I seen an add in a magazine today for the omnia on O2. It look like a nice phone i have to say.

which country?

• Advertisement

:eek::eek: so if i give vodafone a guaranteed 12months business they'll only charge 379e

whereas this nice person has it cheaper, and no guaranteed 600e over 12months http://cgi.ebay.ie/Samsung-Omnia-SGH-i900-Mobile-Phone-16GB_W0QQitemZ140281746606QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item140281746606&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Went into vodafone today to have a look at the omnia, was very interested until it was handed to me the bloody thing is huge:mad:, so could'nt be arsed lugging it around. Think i'll wait and see the nokia 5800.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Hi all,

Just wondering; If I order this unlocked fom China, will it work OK over here? I'm on vodafone (prepay, NOT bill) with my current phone, so I could just put my sim in and it should work. Any advice for me on this? Will I be likely to face any problems?

Cheers in advance.

what site?

what site?

None in particular, there are alot of sites that do them. Alibaba is the site I'd probably buy from if possible. Any help for me?

Thanks for that. I've only read the first page (there are 7). Do you think it's safe at all to order from it? I'd love to get the Omnia so cheap ($285 shipped) but maybe somethings not right. Too good to be true?

to be honest i doubt it lol.......and i just got scammed outa 270e yesterday lol............

EDIT: from zzzphone.com

edit: turns out i haven't been scammed.....

to be honest i doubt it lol.......and i just got scammed outa 270e yesterday lol............

EDIT: from zzzphone.com

Mind if I ask how you got scammed? Did you order a phone from that crowd and not get anything back?

All I know is I'm going to have to do some serious homework before I consider buying from that site.

• Advertisement

well like, went onto the website, googled it for a bit.......seemed ok....
    went thru to some weird link........paid......
    .....status.....unpaid........emailed them threatening to sue ( lol ) ......
    crap......just checked , woah it says paid.....but they never charged me for shipping......
    we'll see....... here's hoping.......dream phone c'mon...
    i apologise for my remark, so far it has not been a scam..

Advertisement