Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying a Concrete Floor for New Bathroom

Options
  • 12-08-2008 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice on this. Im building a new bathroom and Im in the process of laying a concrete floor. Im just wondering about the pipe work. Can I have all piping above this floor or would there be a need to have some pipework set below the level of the concrete floor?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I can imagine that you might want to put the drain pipes from shower and washbasins etc under the floor, but the water pipes from the attic header tank would normally come down through the ceiling, so there would be no point in putting them in the floor. My rule is that if it's a pipe that I might sometime need to repair, put it in the wall behind tiles or something. If it's a drain that goes outside then it will be accessible from there, so put it under the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

for the waste from shower i would box out the floor where the pipe/trap will be and pour the rest of the floor. This will give u a bit of flexibility to fit the trap etc.

waste from toilet will depend on the choice of pan, ditto with whb/bath

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bluscreendream

Thanks for the info guys!

Advertisement