Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I started playing FFX again...

Options
  • 12-08-2008 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

And I know it's nothing major but I was just wondering if many people here beat the Luca Goers in the Blitzball final. I know it has nothing to do with the story really but I remember when I first played the game, I got hammered but yesterday when I was replaying the game I won, first time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flashweaver

Yea I beat them, but most times it's not worth the effort. Unless you're doing the Tidus only challenge and are in dire need of a strength sphere there's no point in getting yourself worked up about it or restarting or anything. Personally, I've beaten the game 5 times and never used that kind of sphere i.e. Strength sphere, magic spere, luck sphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Roisin89

I just started the game today, and I think I'm almost at the stage =]
    guess I'll let you know how i do, but I'm a huge n00b, and it's the first time I've played anything, really, so I think I will fail =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yeah, it's not worth the hassle of restarting the game just to win the game. You get nothing other than an extra cut scene with Wakka giving the trophy to the Aurochs.

It doesn't matter at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I won the first time iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Its worth trying to win even if it doesnt really matter. Its probably the only time you'll find it hard to win a game of blitzball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Bongomc wrote: »
    Its worth trying to win even if it doesnt really matter. Its probably the only time you'll find it hard to win a game of blitzball.

I agree. If you hire Wedge and Jumal after that match, you are sorted for everything tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I remember restarting the game twice when i first played it, thinking that i would get something great for winning. I didnt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Roisin89 wrote: »
    I just started the game today, and I think I'm almost at the stage =]
    guess I'll let you know how i do, but I'm a huge n00b, and it's the first time I've played anything, really, so I think I will fail =]

Thats what i love to see, confidence in a gamer :)

Lost the first time i played through it but won the second time. remember thinking it was the hardest game of blitzball ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CitizenGeek

I lost to them. I remember thinking that I had lost out on some side story or cool item as a result, but I'm glad to learn that I didn't.

On a related note: FFX really is one of the absolute best games ever! :]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

second only to..... you guessed it VII
    I never really enjoyed blitzball :(
    I guess it was the fact that I was so young whilst playing.... might go back and start again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'm just playing through this for the first time.

Any tips on getting ability spheres or is it just totally random?? I seem to have a severe lack of them and can't level up any of my abilities:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You get them randomly from encounters. There's no point in levelling up in FFX. The battle system is very strategic and you are basically ruining the game if you overlevel. I didn;t level at all in the game just went through every area thoroughly while not running away from battle. Every boss was manageable (but some were tough but very satisfying to beat with a good strategy) except for the last boss.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    you are basically ruining the game if you overlevel.

THIS.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah beat them, doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Ah crap, was hoping that there was some way of getting them. They seem to be few and far between. I read about sphere distillers somewhere but haven't got a clue what they are.

Good game though. Really enjoying it so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can farm them off the tougher monsters later on in the game. However doing so will make you a massive nerd.

You can farm them off the tougher monsters later on in the game. However doing so will make you a massive nerd.

QFLols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mr-P

Meh.. this game was too easy anyway except for the last boss and
    SPOILER(Yunalesca)highlight to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

I'm just about to enter the gagazet (spelling?) mountain. I should be able to use the airship now. Shouldn't I?

Nope you won't get any airship until just before the final dungeon in the game.

You are coming up to 3 of the toughest and best bosses in the game. Hope you enjoy them, they are very tough to figure out!

• Advertisement

Nope you won't get any airship until just before the final dungeon in the game.

You are coming up to 3 of the toughest and best bosses in the game. Hope you enjoy them, they are very tough to figure out!

Oh thought you could get it after bevelle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oh how i hated that first boss on Gagazet. Drove me mental with his zombie/full life combo. Great music for the area though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 neilyoung

Kiith wrote: »
    Oh how i hated that first boss on Gagazet. Drove me mental with his zombie/full life combo. Great music for the area though.
    Wait until you accidentally run into one of the Dark Aeons...now they are tough...

The Dark Aeons ruined the end game for me in the european version. I couldn't go back and do any sidequests because there would always be a dark aeon in the way and I have a life so could have been bothered levelling up to beat them. I could have used Yojimbo bnut even doing that took ages.

dark aeons?

Uber bosses that were added to the european release of the game with the express intention of being the salt rubbed into the wound of a 9 month wait after the american release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 neilyoung

Yeah the Dark Aeons can get in the way alright, and running into them accidently when you haven't saved in a while is particularly annoying. I'm sure I've lost hours of work cause I ran into one of them by accident.

I personally used Yojimbo to handle all of them, but the ammount of gil requireds was huge! Dark Yojimbo was the worst, you've to fight him 5 times in sucession, without saving and without leaving the area. Some bonus feature...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

i did yeah, after like the third time i tried. theres no difference, other than afterwards, if you lose wakka gives the team his blitzball, if you win, he gives them the trophy. but then there is the satisfaction of winning. I never liked blitzball anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Lost to the luca goers the first time and was freaked then discovered the sphere shot and gave them a hammering.

If you have the ject shot its also a peice of cake.

gotta love blitzball I wish square enix would go back to introducing deep mini games such as Triple Triad,Blitzball,Tetramaster to the series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

triple triad was awesome. i spent days going about getting all the cards.

sphere shot, or the jecht shot, yeah if u have them, u slaughter them.

also more minigames, like in ff7; there were so many in that; on the motor bike, on the snowboard, in the submarine, not to mention going to the gold saucer for the other arcadeish games, and the chocobo breeding and racing :D

Advertisement