Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I started playing FFX again...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God I loved Blitzball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

wtf is up with those magic urn things on the chamber of stolen fayth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Lost to the luca goers the first time and was freaked then discovered the sphere shot and gave them a hammering.

If you have the ject shot its also a peice of cake.

gotta love blitzball I wish square enix would go back to introducing deep mini games such as Triple Triad,Blitzball,Tetramaster to the series
    Ah come off it, it's not like they've made a lot of games since 10 (Well, main series")
    truedoom wrote: »
    triple triad was awesome. i spent days going about getting all the cards.

sphere shot, or the jecht shot, yeah if u have them, u slaughter them.

also more minigames, like in ff7; there were so many in that; on the motor bike, on the snowboard, in the submarine, not to mention going to the gold saucer for the other arcadeish games, and the chocobo breeding and racing :D
    Once you got Ifrits at the start the game was simple, it's possible to get every monster and plenty of the characters like Seifer just after you return from your field exam. The card game in IX was a lot better, much more strategy required.
    BTW nice tip for anyone playing not too bothered about collecting all the cards, you should be able refine the Brothers GF card into the 100 of the items required for making Earthquake magic, then junction Earthquake to HP. 6000HP at Lvl.16 is not to be sniffed at!
    X is a great game alright, one of the only FFs I haven't played to death!

Just used Youkimbo's OD for the first time. WTF?? Seymour had 30K HP left and he just disappeared?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ec18 wrote: »
    i forget so i could be wrong...but weren you supposed to give them an elixer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

truedoom wrote: »
    triple triad was awesome. i spent days going about getting all the cards.

sphere shot, or the jecht shot, yeah if u have them, u slaughter them.

also more minigames, like in ff7; there were so many in that; on the motor bike, on the snowboard, in the submarine, not to mention going to the gold saucer for the other arcadeish games, and the chocobo breeding and racing :D

this guy is where its at lads :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

ec18 wrote: »

Haven't played X in years but as far as I can remember, they're pretty pointless. You can't kill them but you can hit them a maximum of seven times or something like that. With each attack you get a 'hit' or 'miss'. If you miss, a little goblin guy kamikazes you. If you hit, you get to go again and the rewards go up with each successive one. Think I got four once. Remember thinking there had to be something special about them but after looking it up, no. They're arse.

solace wrote: »
    Haven't played X in years but as far as I can remember, they're pretty pointless. You can't kill them but you can hit them a maximum of seven times or something like that. With each attack you get a 'hit' or 'miss'. If you miss, a little goblin guy kamikazes you. If you hit, you get to go again and the rewards go up with each successive one. Think I got four once. Remember thinking there had to be something special about them but after looking it up, no. They're arse.

ah they are a pain in the arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

I stopped playing the game a few months ago coz i cudn understand how the blitzball system worked coz i never listened to the instructions and quite frankly cudn be bothered.
    The blitzball games are gay, but the game rocks. im kinda raging. but fuk it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never bothered with blitzball the first time through it. Don't worry about it it's not necesary to enjoy the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 CitizenGeek

I didn't beat them when I played FFX (which is easily one of my favourite games EVER!) and I was always worried it impacted the story in some way, but I'm glad to find out it doesn't matter at all. I never really bother with any of the mini-games in FF games, tbh. I kind of liked the card game in FFVIII, but usually I prefer when Square does away with them like they did in FFVII and FFXII :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'm on the final boss but the game is just wrecking my head at the moment. The first 25hrs or so were great but the last 15hrs have felt a bit more like a chore than anything else. I'll have to leave it to the side for a few months and then maybe come back and try and beat Jecht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

Yea i agree mini games are gay. The KH ones arent to bad, but from playing FFX, i think the FF series ones are gay. FFXII ROCKS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vyse wrote: »
    I'm on the final boss but the game is just wrecking my head at the moment. The first 25hrs or so were great but the last 15hrs have felt a bit more like a chore than anything else. I'll have to leave it to the side for a few months and then maybe come back and try and beat Jecht.

I loved the last few hours of it, the bosses were really tough and needed a lot of strategy. However the massive difficulty spike for the last boss was really annoying. I suggest you get yourself Yojimbo and do the sidequests possibly with the help of a walkthrough so you can level up. Get Yojimbo because the Dark Aeons are going to get in your way and Yojimbo can kill them in one hit if you are lucky. The monster hunting missions are good for building levels.

Whatever you do don't give up. You'll mis out on one of the best game endings ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Yeah, the boss difficulty gets a bit ridiculous towards the end. That, plus the fact that all you seem to do towards the end is fight bosses!! I found Yunalesca to be pleasently easy (beat her on the second go) but that was about it.

The thing that annoys me the most though is that when you get beaten by a boss (which is quite frequently) there is no "retry" option. Instead you are kicked back out to the boot up screen displaying "Squaresoft". Painful as you have to reload your game and sit through all the same cutscenes again. AHHHHHHH:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Guinea

Blitzball was amazing fun, and is only really important if you want Wakka's ultimate weapon I think.

Advertisement