Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Professional+ Interleaving

Options
  • 12-08-2008 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Off the phone with Eircom Tech support.

Seems every package from Pro upwards has high interleaving with no option to change to low.

So only the home starter and plus has the option for low.

Agent let it slip, that if Eircom get enough requests to turn it low, they will put the option in for the pro packages..

I think its only fair we have the option, the facts of packet loss, stability arent an issue, its lack of choice !

Please people, if you want the choice to have lower pings, ring tech support 1890260260 and request it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

St0n3d wrote: »
    Off the phone with Eircom Tech support.

Seems every package from Pro upwards has high interleaving with no option to change to low.

So only the home starter and plus has the option for low.

Agent let it slip, that if Eircom get enough requests to turn it low, they will put the option in for the pro packages..

I think its only fair we have the option, the facts of packet loss, stability arent an issue, its lack of choice !

Please people, if you want the choice to have lower pings, ring tech support 1890260260 and request it.

Theres a thread about this problem , "Eircom and Interleaving" , but thanks for confirming my suspicions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭St0n3d

I know pal i seen the thread ;)

I'm just asking people to get on the button with this, get requesting it and they've no choice but to put it to the engineers for implemenation..

Meaning! ChOiCe! Users with good lines can pick low and enjoy the lower pings, and users with not so good lines, can stay on high and enjoy the steady connection and average latency.

Advertisement