Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: Weight Watchers and me. Help!

• 12-08-2008 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm 22 and heading back to college in september. I did weight watchers last year but soon quit. Now I'm two stone over weight and I've started back on it myself (broke student so can't afford to go to classes). I'm just wondering how long would it normally take to lose that amount? I know I'm going to get really stressed during the year (HDIP in education) so I'm trying to set myself mini goals and so on to keep me motivated though the docs bluntness that I am two stone overweight is a pretty good incentive!
    As regards fitness I'm starting slow with workout dvds, quite enjoying some of them. Anyone any advice on a few?
    Finally can anyone help on this: When anything good happens or we're celebrating (boyfriend and I) we always end up celebrating with food, either going out to dinner or a take away treat. I really want to stop this but looking for any suggestions for doing anything else instead?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Beks

Natalie Cassidy's video is quite fun, I did it for a while but got bored in the end - I prefer getting out walking/running/cycling.

If you really stick to your guns I'd say you can lose 2 stone in 5 months if you do it sensibly. I managed to lose 3 stone in 7 months - a little fast but I'm maintaining it really well - a change in lifestyle is what you need and in attitude to food and exercise... a "diet" implies that you're only going to do it until you reach your goal weight, then you'll start eating whatever you want again and put it back on... so slowly does it and make some positive changes in your life that you'll stick to.

oh and as for celebrating, maybe go to the cinema or bowling - or a night in with a dvd and a couple of drinks? A night at a hotel somewhere? lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Cinema's a good plan, bowlings a little far away though good for a treat I'd say. I know diets one of those words you shouldn't really use but I think this time I am gonna change my lifestyle, don't really have a choice! Started a food diary on the forum and gonna try and keep it up as another incentive.

Oh and I must look up the dvd. I'm doing one that a dance one (pump it up) so its got salsa and stuff in it as well as the calorie burning section so I am enjoying it at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Beks

Well good luck with that! I also tried Vicky binns' one, but it was kinda fast paced and hard to get the hang of, I didn't like it as much. The crunch section was better than Natalie's though so what I used to do was Natalie's video all the way through then when I got to Natalie's crunch section I swapped it for Vicky's.

Food diaries do help, I carry one everywhere with me. I've been doing it for months now. It really does help you see where you're going wrong. Write your weight in it every day too (weigh yourself at the same time each day) and what exercise you do. It's good to track your weight gain and loss and if you have a really good day then you can look at it and try repeat it again. I don't count calories, I just make sure that what I eat is super healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I'm at the swapping already. I have a dodgy ankle and not much better knees and hips courtesy of sports when I was a kid but I was watching a turbo jam thing from the US-really annoying dvd but they give you low impact options for many of the standard dvd workout routines which is cool.

Ya I found a great copy of a points log online which i shrank and fitted onto card that just fits in my wallet. The good thing about it is that it has your water, veg/fruit, dairy on it as well (tick the box) and a spot for notes too.
    Anyone interested see the following link

http://www.diyplanner.com/node/837

Advertisement