Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legless Legend Ledley

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i've resigned myself to thinking that ledley king is effectively retired due to injury. if he plays 10 games this season i'll be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm ALWAYS wary of things like this photo's can make people look smashed when they are just blinking or something. having said that if this is true its a sad sad day. i've always admired him how he battled through his Pain and his conduct on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm ALWAYS wary of things like this photo's can make people look smashed when they are just blinking or something. having said that if this is true its a sad sad day. i've always admired him how he battled through his Pain and his conduct on the pitch.

I saw this during the week and I thought it was a wind up and the same pic from the Carling Cup celebrations, however it appears not.

A week before the season starts and this is what our club captain is up to, does'nt look good does it !! I dont think we'd see Terry or Ferdinand doing anything similar would we. I hope he was on the diet 7up and its just the media acting the bollo*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fairhillspur

i hope hes not turning out to be a paul mcgrath in more ways than one

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

So he goes out to a nightclub boozing, 6 days before the start of the season. I don't think it's such a big deal, just shows he's as human as the rest of us although I reckon Ramos will eat him for it.

Of course, if it was only a day or two before playing I would be mad, but in this situation it's not like he'll be suffering with a hangover six days later. I think we have to take things into context here.

The night club he was at, Faces, is a regular haunt for footballers from Spurs, West Ham and minor celebs (soap stars etc.). I'd take a guess that someone who works there is friendly with the paps and probably tips them off. Ledley was stupid/unlucky in that this was the second time.

I'd be more worried about his knee holding up for more than one game at a time than this gossip story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Bleh, Daily Mail celeb pics. I know that I'm fully recovered 6 nights after being scutter f*cked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Crappy tittle tattle from a rag of a paper I would not wipe my ar5e with. A photo simply depicts a moment in time. There could have been some altercation and bouncers were trying to get Ledley out of the way - we just don't know.

And it was six days before the game that he is having the drink. Give the guy a break. Anything less than 48 hrs before a game then fair enough but he is human ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Complete eejit - not fit to play but fit to drink. 6 days is just BS - another one for the chop.
    Cant see Juande putting up for long with it.

Advertisement