Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAA Selection process _ Air Traffic Control _

Options
  • 12-08-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello everyone,

I'm French and I'd like to have some information about the selection process that one undertakes to get hired by the IAA as an Trainee Air Traffic Controller.

I went on their website but can't find the date of the next Stage 1 of the selection process or I can't find out how to apply to the tests.
    I haven't written to the HR yet so I haven't given them my CV and all info yet.

I just need to gather some info to get prepared for the tests as much as possible before applying.

So if you've passed the whole thing already or if you're in the same case as I, then feel free to reply to this thread please.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There is a long thread about this somewhere here.....try the jobs and employment forum perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

When and where do you advertise for student Air Traffic Controllers?
    We advertise in the Irish media e.g. Irish Times, Irish Independent, The Examiner and certain Sunday Papers. We have no set time of the year for advertising and we do not necessarily advertise every year.
    Can I apply in advance to become an Air Traffic Controller?
    You can forward your name and address etc to Human Resources Division who will hold your details on file. THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN APPLICATION. About one week before the advertisement appears in the press Human Resources Division will write to you advising that the position is to be advertised and where it is to be advertised and telling you that if you are still interested you should follow the instructions contained in the advertisement.

Taken from the IAA website, They will advertise when a position is available, that may not be this year and may not be next year, so I guess contacting HR is your best bet :)

As always.... I'm open to correction :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

lafouine wrote: »
    I just need to gather some info to get prepared for the tests as much as possible before applying.

In the test expect them to test you on how you deal with stress, from talking to controllers that is a big part of it. also, they give you numbers at the start and ask you to re-call them at the end. Thats all the info I'm giving or ill be giving away the whole test!:p

You can't study for it, you either got it or ya don't with the aptitude test. As they said to me, it sorts out the boys from the men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lafouine

funny!

Well thank you guys for your help!!

Cheers,

Chris ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement