Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect WPA-PSK

Options
  • 12-08-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit and have a Belkin Wireless G USB adapter (F5D7050 v3 I think). Our wireless router is Linksys WRT54GP2 connected to UPC broadband.

At the moment, the wireless security is secured using WEP. Now that I tried WPA with PSK, the computer won't connect to the router. It detects the network but failed probably at the authentication or IP address acquisition stage.

I doubt it's a router problem because my Nokia E51 phone managed to connect to the router using WPA. Could it be settings on the computer or dogdy wireless adapter?

Another question, will WPA encryption improves network speed? With WEP I can only download at a maximum speed of 1.3Mbps even at almost perfect network reception, such a waste of a 20Mbps broadband. Unsecuring the wireless network makes no different at all. The router is in living room and my computer in the bedroom next about 5-8 meters away.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

any idea anyone?

sorry for the bump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Turn off all net security and try conncting then,i know it makes your onnection unsecure but just to see ifit will(sorry if you allready done that in a hurry and just though id try to help!)

Advertisement