Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA to QFA exemptions

• 12-08-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭

ACCA affiliate at end of training contract - just curious to see what exemptions I would have - didn't seem to be clear on the IoB website-surely ACCA must b worth something for QFA?
    Anybody done the above from another accountancy body eg CPA/ACA/CiMA to QFA?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

I have a few colleagues who are ACA qualified and have done/are doing the QFA. There is no exemptions unfortunately from these exams but since they are 90% multiple choice, you wont be too bad :) Dunno about ACCA tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

To the OP: You don't get any exemptions from the QFA for being ACCA qualified. These are two very different disciplines. But the QFA is very easy compared to ACCA

I'm curious about this. Why do you want to have the QFA diploma? All you're entitled to do is to sell life assurance/pensions/invesments to Joe Public.
    Surely being an accountant would offer you better career prospects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

A lot of accountancy firms are branching out into wealth management and pensions. The industry of bankers are coming down hard on pension advice being given out without the QFA qualification so for some accountants it will become necessary for them to do the QFA in the future if their firm wishes to go in such a direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭A2fan

That's the impression I was under-that the QFA would b handy in order to give investment advice to high net worth individuals....not sure how necessary or how much demand there is for such a service as yet......not really thinking of doing it for definite yet as have an IT background also and getting tired or exams - I would need to see what if anything such an additional qualification would offer in terms of increased salary!

Advertisement