Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Banks Collection

• 12-08-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

Hiya guys,

What do you do with:
    - used batteries / car-batteries
    - used inkjet cartridges / laser toners
    - out-of-date drugs
    - torn/unwanted clothes ??

Thanks much for sheding some light

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Usually batteries / ink cartrides / laser tones go down to the Recycling part of the dump (at least in Tramore thats how its done). You can re-fill some ink cartridges btw.

Drugs - iv no idea. Good question.

Clothes - Usually St. Bridgets take them, or else you could use many of the different clothes banks around the city. Im not so sure about the bags you get in the door as many have found its not for charity or a good cause.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

you should bring your out of date drugs to your local pharmacy for them to dispose of.....

And like sully said, unwanted clothes once in decent condition can go to a charity shop, if they are torn they won't be any good to a charity shop so maybe cut them up and use as dusters etc. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Sully wrote: »
    Usually batteries (...) go down to the Recycling part of the dump (at least in Tramore thats how its done).

Any chance for Tramore Landfill website or sumfin'?

On www.waterfordcoco.ie
    managed to find this only:
    Waste Segregation and Reduction
    Collection Points

Tramore Landfill
    Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
    Closed for Lunch 1pm-1:30pm
    Saturday 10am – 1pm

And how much do they charge for car battery and a trailer full of ****e?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

beazee wrote: »
    Any chance for Tramore Landfill website or sumfin'?

On www.waterfordcoco.ie
    managed to find this only:

And how much do they charge for car battery and a trailer full of ****e?

No website im afraid (that im aware of) and im unsure of the prices. I think you might have to buy tickets like you do for bins but its been a while since iv been down there! Sorry I cant be of more help!

No website, no phone number... got to go there.
    Hope I can buy those tickets/tags on site.

Thanks much

• Advertisement

a quick websearch:
    New Waste Battery Regulations

John Gormley, T.D., Minster for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government has published new Waste Management (Batteries and Accumulators) Regulations (S.I. No 268 of 2008).

These regulations provide for the free take back of all waste batteries and accumulators, otherwise known as rechargable batteries, in-store and at designated locations, from 26 September 2008. From that date, members of the public will be entitled to deposit waste batteries at retail outlets. Retailers will only be obligated to take back batteries of a type they supply, for instance, retailers will not have to take back a car battery if they only sell batteries suitable for a torch or remote control. Members of the public will not be obliged to make a purchase when depositing waste batteries at a retail outlet. Members of the public will also be able to deposit waste portable batteries and waste car batteries from privately registered vehicles at local authority civic amenity facilities free of charge.

I won't pay ye!

I should have the number at home if you want it? The landfill, as you probably know, is down towards the end of the prom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just an FYI, if you do need to buy tickets for dumping stuff at any stage, they are NOT for sale at the dump.
    Could save you a trip.

Advertisement