Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

umg silencer

Options
  • 12-08-2008 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

does anybody know if the g&g umg silencer fits the double eagle umg...cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the DE is a clone of the G&Gm the silencer will fit the DE

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭nutzbutz

i got this silencer from a mate,he said it is a g&g umg silencer but it has a threaded flash finder but the one on the de slips off with no thread:confused:

the silencer you have should just simple slip over the existing flash hider on the DE ump

fraid not Puding, there's no way that it slips over the existing flash finder its way too wide at the base unless i get it turned on a lathe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

this might be teaching you to suck eggs but on the off chance its not.

looking at the picture on the right hand side is a small locking mechanism. its the one with the ribbed edge. if you push that (can remember left or right) it will open, it can sometimes take a bit of playing with it to get it to move. you then slide that on the other piece and lock it back in place...you dont screw the silencer on it locks on.

hope that helps...

• Advertisement

this might be teaching you to suck eggs but on the off chance its not.

looking at the picture on the right hand side is a small locking mechanism. its the one with the ribbed edge. if you push that (can remember left or right) it will open, it can sometimes take a bit of playing with it to get it to move. you then slide that on the other piece and lock it back in place...you dont screw the silencer on it locks on.

hope that helps...
    your right there, but "that piece" there is no way of attaching it to a DE barrell because its threaded and the barrell is not...

if it does not fit on after following Fallschirmjager advice, we could have an issue, i know my g&g fits onto a DE i had it on one last weekend

your right there, but "that piece" there is no way of attaching it to a DE barrell because its threaded and the barrell is not...

A thread should not be involved, you have your stock DE ump it already has a flash hidder on it, the G&G silencer should just go slip over that stock flash hider, ignore the flash hider that came with the silencer that is just a spare.

the diameter of the hole on the silencer is 23mm and the DE flash finder is 25mm so im going to have to get some metal shaved of it...more hassle

could just be down to the fact it is a clone them, sometimes due to the manufacture techniques external dimensions can be different from the original

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I've posted links to another site the past that had a full revier and comparision of both AEG's and showed the suppressor fitted to both units. Strange that it wont fit now.

i managed to take down the diameter of the DE flash hider to discover that it will not go in far enough for the lock mechanism to catch,the main body of the flash hider is a different shape to the spare that comes with the suppressor. i've decided to get the outer barrell of the ump threaded to take the spare flash hider instead...

i managed to take down the diameter of the DE flash hider to discover that it will not go in far enough for the lock mechanism to catch,the main body of the flash hider is a different shape to the spare that comes with the suppressor. i've decided to get the outer barrell of the ump threaded to take the spare flash hider instead...

its strange that is did not fit, maybe a change to teh DE desgin or a problem with a batch of umps, anyway glad to hear you got it sorted in the end

Advertisement