Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom/UTVtalk

Options
  • 12-08-2008 1:31pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

I am wondering can anyone help me with this, maybe i am over reacting

My UTVtalk telephone has been on the blink for about three weeks now. As it is a line fault, eircom have to deal with the fault.

Eircom have now decided that they have to come in to my house to fix the fault but they only work 9-5. I am not in a position to take any time off work, i live by myself and wouldnt know any of my neighbours well enough to give them keys and ask them to let the eircom man in. Also my family live in another county.

So i decided to just cut my loses and get rid of the landline. UTV said i need to give 30 days notice to close the account but if my landline isnt working i dont think i should have to pay them line rental.

Eircom refuse to talk to me because i amm not one of their customers.

UTV's customers service centre seems to be based in India, and i am finding them very difficult to understand. They say they are in Belfast but are unable to transfer me to a supervisor or someone with better english.

If i just cancel my direct debit, can they send debt collectors around?

or has anyone any ideas to get around this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

irishbird wrote: »
    If i just cancel my direct debit, can they send debt collectors around?

or has anyone any ideas to get around this ?

Yep they can send debt collectors around,as for the 30 day notice nothing you can do to avoid that regardless if the line is faulty,they offered to get it fixed but the times aren't suitable for you so as far as they'll be concerned tough luck.Better off giving your notice,pay the bill and be done with them,if it went to debt collectors your original bill would be small compared to what they would take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mrs.ljungberg

If I understand what your saying correctly , you have been without a working phone line for 3 weeks and UTV are only getting Eircom to look at the line now?
    I would cancel the direct debit and tell UTV that you are not paying for a service they are not providing you or have not fixed in a reasonable amount of time, write a letter and say you wish to cancel their service due to non performance on their part

Advertisement