Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New rig for approx €1000

Options
  • 12-08-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i had a thread earlier this year when i was planning on building a new rig but at the time i put my money towards a new car and i cant find the thread.

im sure much of what i had picked and was advised is almost obsolete by now anyways :) such is the industry.

but anyways, im lookin to build a new gaming system next friday (gettin a nice bonus from work hehe) with the intentions of spending about 900-1000 including a monitor.

is hardwareversand still the best for building?! the rig is gonna be purely for gaming, i have used both intel and amd over the years so not really too concerned over which to go for, whichever gives the best performance at the best price i suppose.

500 gb should be enough, 4 gig ram (everybody going for the kingston ram on here, isnt that just cheap ram with no heatsinks?) maybe 22" for the monitor.

can someone throw me together a decent setup (i havent a clue about sockets these days) with everything from case (probably antec 900) to OS. (is vista still sh1t?!) for in and around the 900 mark.

last i heard duel core was more than enough and quad was a waste of money?!

many thanks in advance ;)

Comments

Advertisement