Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog bit neighbour...well kinda...

Options
  • 12-08-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

I'll keep this as brief as I can.

My 4 year old Weimeraner was being walked by my gf's uncle, along with an 8 year old narky golden retriever and a placid black lab. All of a sudden the neighbours dog appears, small dog, not sure what breed.
    Now it's well known that that little dog doens't like these other dogs for whatever reason. Anyhoo, out of nowhere, the retriever musters up more strength and speed than he has in his 8 years on this earth and did a beeline for the Neighbours dog, grabbing him by the neck and swinging. With that, my dog (Jake) joined in the action and nipped the dogs back leg. But when the neighbour tried to get her dog out, she managed to get a nip from my dog, requiring 1 stitch and a tetanus, which we payed for (obviously)

Where do I stand? I've never had a problem with Jake before, but it's not rocket science that you dont put your hand into fighting dogs. The vet just said "thats what dogs do", but i'm worried that she'll report him and want him put down.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

if she put her hand into a dog fight its her fault she was bitten. i dont think she could prove the dog bit her intentionally, could've been her own dog that bit her in the chaos and commotion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

whitser wrote: »
    if she put her hand into a dog fight its her fault she was bitten. i dont think she could prove the dog bit her intentionally, could've been her own dog that bit her in the chaos and commotion.

+1, I've had to do it a couple of times, they're trying to get the other dog and if you put your hand in the way then it's going to get chomped!

Advertisement