Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number not in service

Options
  • 12-08-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am curently trying to contact (on an 086 mobile number) a customer of mine that owes me a considerable amount of money. For the last few weeks his number is coming up as "not in service." Who can I contact to find out if his phone is actually disconnected?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

As you are not the owner of the phone there is no real way that any service provider can give you any account information out under the DPA as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Asking in a O2 shop might help, maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Hmm this is a tricky one.. If you get the info illegally it might get someone else in trouble or go against you in the long run if you go legal. Firstly the phone may be a Pre Pay so even if someone did break the DPA you may get nothing..

Do you have address details or anything concrete? Id look into a debt collection agency. Some are good but can take like 30% of what they pull in, but if its a lot of money this may be your only option..

Im in Business myself Im sorry you have had this but maybe a call to your solicitor first would be a good idea, see what you can or can not do..

For example I was once owed a lot by a client, all my hardware was in his shop.. He was going under but at the time I didnt know. I ask my solicitor can I go in and take my stuff back. He said technically no, but, if the staff leave you in and leave you take it its fair game.. Turned out the guy owed the staff money too so they were more than happy to help!!!

Best of luck with it..

Advertisement