Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitored House Alarm - Eircom Phonewatch V Others

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yep... I wouldn't touch them either.
    PM me your details & I'll see what we can do for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

koolkid wrote: »
    Yep... I wouldn't touch them either.
    PM me your details & I'll see what we can do for you.
    Thanks PM on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

It's wireless, looks the same as this one. Been talking to a few security companies today, and got the impression I'll have to get a new alarm installed, as they said there would be a lock on the Eircom one.

I've sent off an email today to 4/5 security companies in the Tallaght area for quotes.

the simon panel can be defaulted back to factory settings, they are not engineer locked by phonewatch.. it is possible to get it to ring one phone number or a monitoring station.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I still wouldn't touch them

Why not ?

• Advertisement

Simple.. I don't like them & they are a bit dated now.

dont agree with you there but that is your opinion. i find them to be a good system once installed properly. they are only a basic alarm which for all intended purposes they are good. as for them being dated, the software was only updated last year.

As I have argued re HKC software updates are irrelevant when the hardware & the technology is over 10 years old.

that may be but at lease it is a tried and tested technology. updates are needed to make it more secure and to fix any bugs that may arise in any system.

The Vista 5 & Horizon systems were tried & tested technology.
    Why are we not still installing them !????

• Advertisement

i have never installed these panels so cant answer that..

The answer is because they are old technology.
    Just because something is tried & tested is no excuse not to move with the times.

so if signet use the visonic wirefree sensors with there system they are not moving with the times because its old technology ?

All Along I have been talking about the technology in the hardware .
    What have the sensors got to do with that?

All the panels work on the same technology, be that new or old. they use the same sensors, report to monitoring stations and customers phones. signet can use ip so thats the only difference with them.

so by your logic ,apart from IP , the technology employed by the Signet would be the same as Itec,Horizon,Vista5 Etc???
    I would suggest you take a look at thhe workings of these systems before making these claims.

i am not claiming that and if you look back and have a read you will see i have not used these old panels, i am only pointing out that they are all based on the same principle be that old or new technology. i have looked at the signet system. they dont even make there own sensors. they use visonic for there wirefree which are dirt sensors

I am simply pointing out that HKC is now old technology compared to whats available,
    As fred Funk pointed out earlier you expect to get 10 years from an alarm system so putting in something with 10 year old technology whic you plan to use for a further 10 years is crazy.
    Re Signets wireless I have not had one problem to date. More that what I can say for GE

Advertisement