Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

325i Electrical fault

Options
  • 12-08-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

i picked up a fairly deacent straight E30 325i there a while back, and am in the process of fixing her up.
    the biggest problem i am having is an electrical fault where the windows and sunroof wont work when the door is shut, but work perfectly when one door or the other is open.
    is this a common enough problem as two others i test drove a while ago had exactly the same problem?
    i can bypass it but that leaves the lights on in the buttons and the battery runs flat.
    any suggestions lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

monksavage wrote: »
    i picked up a fairly deacent straight E30 325i there a while back, and am in the process of fixing her up.
    the biggest problem i am having is an electrical fault where the windows and sunroof wont work when the door is shut, but work perfectly when one door or the other is open.
    is this a common enough problem as two others i test drove a while ago had exactly the same problem?
    i can bypass it but that leaves the lights on in the buttons and the battery runs flat.
    any suggestions lads?

I'd have said that its a faulty electric window regulator but that wouldnt explain the sunroof not working.

Try here http://www.e30owners.com/ someone may have had similar issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Only works when door is open.

Id be breaking out the multimeter and checking things while opening and closing the door(s). :confused:

regulators do go on those cars but id rule out the wiring first if it is related to the doors being open or shut the loom is moving in the door a little. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

tried e30owners already, noting of use yet, seems to be a bit more traffic here so i though id ask,
    thanks for the advice

Advertisement