Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topeak Joe Blow Max II Track Pump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,976 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I use the Joe Blow Sport pump and find it very good. A few other people have bought the slightly more expensive Joe Blow Sprint pump and also find it excellent. I'd imagine the pump you've mentioned is of similar quality, maybe lacking a few minor features or taking slightly longer to inflate a tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I'll second that. I have the Joe Blow Sport too and it's great.
    Stark wrote: »
    I use the Joe Blow Sport pump and find it very good. A few other people have bought the slightly more expensive Joe Blow Sprint pump and also find it excellent. I'd imagine the pump you've mentioned is of similar quality, maybe lacking a few minor features or taking slightly longer to inflate a tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have the Sprint and very happy with it. Might be worth spending the extra £5 to get the Sport (or £10 for the Sprint) to have something rated to 160 PSI- not because you'll want to go there but might make 100/110 easier to get to. It is _substantially_ easier/quicker than a Beko track pump I also have.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Using the Joe Blow Sprint (one up from the sport) and it's brilliant - great to be able to blow your tyres up with accuracy and ease

As for the spoke tension meter, I'm just about to build my fixie wheels and going to go without a tension meter and rely on my ears and the Roger Musson book (google it) recommended buy penexpers here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055351159

Some good stuff in Musson's book about spoke tension too and I think if you go gradually then you can live without the meter but hey - I might end up with egg on my face and my face on the ground ;)

BTW Omri - did you get your truing stand yet? My Minoura arrived today and it's a lot more solid than it seems in the pictures - if only CRC hadn't sent me the wrong rims yesterday then I'd be good to go tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

No I'm still waiting it seems they were out of stock but they expect to have more this week. I'm in no rush anyway. Will review it as soon as it arrives.

omri wrote: »
    No I'm still waiting it seems they were out of stock but they expect to have more this week. I'm in no rush anyway. Will review it as soon as it arrives.

Where did you order from? I got mine from http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=product&productId=821&setCurrency=2 for £64.90 (~€81) including delivery - ordered last Wednesday and arrived today.

I went with Park Tool PCS11 ;) from slanecycles or smth called like that :D

I went with Park Tool PCS11 ;) from slanecycles or smth called like that :D

aah - cool will be interested in how you get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

FWIW, I have an Axiom Kompressair, and am very impressed with it, super sturdy, long hose, easy to pump up, it goes up to 260 psi allegedly. CRC don't seem to list it any longer, but they sell the Propelair

• Advertisement

Got pump from CRC delivery time is amazing. Now I have serious problem with that pump. I don't think I'm doing something wrong here. But I unscrew presta valve put on the pump bit and close it. Then when I'm inflating I just hear air coming out through the pump bit and that's it. I checked everything and I have no idea what's wrong. Help! Model: Joe Blow Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Assuming you're attaching the correct side of the pump connector to the valve on the tube (i.e. the grey side rather than the black side), you need to flip the lever in the opposite direction i.e. back away from the valve. That should do it.
    Got pump from CRC delivery time is amazing. Now I have serious problem with that pump. I don't think I'm doing something wrong here. But I unscrew presta valve put on the pump bit and close it. Then when I'm inflating I just hear air coming out through the pump bit and that's it. I checked everything and I have no idea what's wrong. Help! Model: Joe Blow Sport

stoopid me ;) lol everything under control :D working great, very happy :D
    thank you, ignore post above

• Registered Users Posts: 20,976 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The lever thing on the valve should be centred when you're putting on the pump. Push the head well over the valve, then push the lever away from the valve to lock it.

Edit: beaten to it by Ghost Rider.

Got bit confused as closing each valve type is in opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Picked up a JB Sprint from wiggle, it arrived yesterday evening. The tyres didn't know what hit them today, they were only at 30 psi beforehand (as opposed to 100 glorious psi today)!

Another boards success, thanks for the advice guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

christeb wrote: »
    Picked up a JB Sprint from wiggle

Ditto. I got the same from crc. It really is amazing how underinflated tyres are without them. I like the way the pressure dial is at the top of the pump tube which makes it much easier to read. The little hook on the back of the handle that clips it down broke :( so I can't carry it around by it's handle :(.

Advertisement