Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locksmith Costs

Options
  • 12-08-2008 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Not sure if im in the right place but here goes

Like a right idiot, i am after losing the key to my front door - its a rented property shared with my GF and another couple so there are 4 keys in total.

They are secure keys though so i would need a letter from the landlord to get one cut - landlord already warned us - lose a key, get the locks changed at your own expense.

Fair enough but how much will a locksmith charge for to change a lock and give 4 new keys??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

You should not need a locksmith to fit the new lock. As you have keys you can take out the existing one easily with a screwdriver. You will have to buy one plus keys of the same size as a replacement. Your landlord will have to tell you where you can get the new lock as presumably he will want the same type of lock again. The cost depends on the make of lock and the number of keys to be copied. I have security locks that cost about €60 each plus two keys. It is €5 per key after the second one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you do get a locksmith to come out and change the lock- its normally EUR50 for a callout during weekdays, + the regular cost of the lock and keys (they can normally cut additional keys there and then on the spot).

Advertisement