Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Gamey' mare??

Options
  • 12-08-2008 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I went to see a horse as possible horseshare the other day, I was told by a couple of people down the yard that she is a 'gamey' mare. What does that mean??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I means that she's quite highly strung :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 SandraG

Oh ok thanks! Not the one for me then, Im just getting my confidence back!!
    Does anyone know the best way of finding a good horseshare, Im checking gumtree,donedeal and buy and sell but cant think of anywhere else? Im just looking for a good quiet allrounder to help me get my confidence back after bad fall years ago.

I would have used the term differently, a gamey horse for me is one which won't run out.

In future, you should ask the people what they mean as people use these terms differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I've heard the term used to describe laydeez at times!

Zarabra is right. Check what he meant. I would have thought he meant she is forward going and hinest. Not highly strung but it is open to interpretation.

Advertisement