Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Magazines

• 12-08-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭

Just curious, are there any teams out there that all use the same type of magazine?
    Say 5 rifle men with M15/4 & a gunner with a mmg support gun & say 40 magazines between the whole team or is non uniform load out the normal thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Dead Mans Hand use 5.56mm style stanags across the board (except for the P90's).

We try to use kit that uses the same mag rather than a whole range of different stuff.

It really helps too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Stray Dogs use 5.45 and 7.62 type AK mags. Usually we are all using 5.45 type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Thanks guys. Just curious. Team getting together & we are trying to decide on such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks guys. Just curious. Team getting together & we are trying to decide on such.

If using lines like real millitary forces and swat teams this can be very usefull. Each man has say 4 mags on his chest and another 4 on his lower back. This means he loads from the man in front while the man behind him loads from his back. Its a good plan, but you really need to work together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

no

its never been an issue

they all seem to like shotguns if thats any help

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    no

its never been an issue

they all seem to like shotguns if thats any help

Yeah of sorts. Decided to add 2 Grenade launchers to 2 rifles & 2 shotguns to another 2. Adding Hi-beam lamps to the order 2 for night games. You can't shoot, if your blind!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

course you can you just dont shoot accurately ;)

cherubaul wrote: »
    course you can you just dont shoot accurately ;)

Fair point, but you don't think the others won't be laying down some suppressive fire!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

we buddie team mates up ie g36 with g36 etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i fill up my back pouches with stanags for the team, and the ones on my front are my own stash., :)ya dont really even notice the added weight of them when their on your back and their also easy for the team mate to grab without distracting you from firing on somone.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

vtec wrote: »
    i fill up my back pouches with stanags for the team, and the ones on my front are my own stash., :)ya dont really even notice the added weight of them when their on your back and their also easy for the team mate to grab without distracting you from firing on somone.,

We've been discussing pooling more mags of all types, attaching them to Richie, and then putting him on wheels. Very handy, and he doubles as a gun platform in sticky situations.

The wheels tend to get stuck in the sort of weather we've been seeing recently though, we might have to use tracks and a lawn-mower motor instead :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

nothing is set in stone with the team down in cork, we seem to be moving towards a m4/m16 standard naturally thought, even thought this means putting my beloved aks on the side for team time :)

Cheers guys. Appreciate all the advice. Hope to see ye all real soon on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Who wants to carry more than one 249 box?

whydave wrote: »
    we buddie team mates up ie g36 with g36 etc
    More importantly, Check your ammo regurlarly, Check your buddies. Re distribute if required.

Who wants to carry more than one 249 box?

Me.

Depending on Ammo limits ofcourse but in the real world it's not uncommon for a support gunner to carry 2-3 additional boxes.

Depending on Ammo limits ofcourse but in the real world it's not uncommon for a support gunner to carry 2-3 additional boxes.

have to agree there, im looking to run with 2 at minimum drum mags for the rpk, if your doing your job correctly the support role should be going thought a lot of ammo :) area denial my friend area denial :D

Me.

So that's one for mine, plus a spare, one for Glen's, plus a spare, one for Andy's plus a spare, one for Richie's plus a spare, one for Keith's plus a spare. And one for the General plus a spare.
    Hope I haven't left anyone out.....Hard to keep track.

Like I said who wants to carry all of those mags?

me !

So that's one for mine, plus a spare, one for Glen's, plus a spare, one for Andy's plus a spare, one for Richie's plus a spare, one for Keith's plus a spare. And one for the General plus a spare.
    Hope I haven't left anyone out.....Hard to keep track.

well that your choose then

i for one like to carry the extra mags for a support weapon, its suppriseing how fast you can burn thought 3000 rds and how fidally it is to refile a box mag under fire from a bottle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

Yup agreed on that, I carry one on my back so the 2FSG can take it out and we reload the SAW, getting the drills right is the key. we usually fill the mag on the AEG as its firing, staying toped up means staying in the game. Another thing when i get hit i rollover and the 2FSG takes over. the SAW never leaves until the game is over...NEVER!

Me.

this is not the real world it's Airsoft weekend war !!!

this is not the real world it's Airsoft weekend war !!!

Airsofts what you make it buddy boy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Airsofts what you make it buddy boy ;)

:eek:

oh this is getting serious, bunch of ruffians the lot of ya :pac:

Boy !!!!!!

Boy !!!!!!

Yeah, they're like adults ... only smaller.

thats good !
    very smart , did you get help ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Except when there freakishly tall: night of the 6,5 eight year olds

good night to one and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Keggers wrote: »
    Except when there freakishly tall: night of the 6,5 eight year olds

ROFL!

Kind of like you then.;)

Kind of like you then.;)

Yep, just me and Gary Coleman.

,,, it's lonely at the top ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Anyway getting back on topic, STANAGs or AK mags are the best for a team magazine in my opinion

Anyway getting back on topic, STANAGs or AK mags are the best for a team magazine in my opinion

how can there be a best? :)

Puding wrote: »
    how can there be a best? :)

Well in terms of the choices it gives with regard to primary and secondary kit.

My team went with the stanag because it gives the full spectrum of armalites, SCAR, L85, SAW, Type 89, FNC and a bunch of others.

Whereas proprietary mags like the AUG, G36, G3 etc mean you are limited to those specific types.

So if, for example, my team were working with the Hawks we could exchange mags and support one another mutually whereas if we play with the Stray Dogs we cant share our rounds in any efficient manner.

• Advertisement

Well in terms of the choices it gives with regard to primary and secondary kit.

My team went with the stanag because it gives the full spectrum of armalites, SCAR, L85, SAW, Type 89, FNC and a bunch of others.

Whereas proprietary mags like the AUG, G36, G3 etc mean you are limited to those specific types.

So if, for example, my team were working with the Hawks we could exchange mags and support one another mutually whereas if we play with the Stray Dogs we cant share our rounds in any efficient manner.

the best mag comment seems like just that a 'best mag' in general

if a teams wants to all use the same mags that comes down to there choose, it could simple be for practicality or for a theme, but there no best choose really for a type of mag for any team to use, all about what the teams wants to do

if a teams wants to all use the same mags that comes down to there choose, it could simple be for practicality or for a theme, but there no best choose really for a type of mag for any team to use, all about what the teams wants to do

Hence why my argument was one of breadth of choice ;)

and my comment was ment in in fun note the :) but ignore me hive:rolleyes: i need more sleep :D

Yep, just me and Gary Coleman.

,,, it's lonely at the top ;)
    The only time you've ever gotten to the top was when you brought your own stepladder.

Well to tell you the truth, the best mag in my opinion has to be the M4 STANAG mag. Everyone and their dog has one. If yours goes belly up someone on the field has one. The Airsoft community being what it is, people are very free with spares as we have all been in that position.
    Now contrast that with being stuck with a P90 and looking for a mag........

See what I mean? Heck even if your 249 mag craps out on you, you can still use an M4..

• Advertisement

But no mag type performers better, it more to do with the make of the mag for defining performance, the example you use for the m4stanag can all be used also for an ak mag if all your team is equipped with them, can always slap a ak47/ak74 mag into my rpk no problem

When some one said best i thought your trying to define the best performing, in the end does not matter what type or team choose (if they choose to be equipped with compatible aegs) the advantage comes down to all using the same type across the board, not what type you use.

But no mag type performers better, it more to do with the make of the mag for defining performance, the example you use for the m4stanag can all be used also for an ak mag if all your team is equipped with them, can always slap a ak47/ak74 mag into my rpk no problem

When some one said best i thought your trying to define the best performing, in the end does not matter what type or team choose (if they choose to be equipped with compatible aegs) the advantage comes down to all using the same type across the board, not what type you use.

Exactly, like every AEG, all of them operate on the exact same principal and are limited to the same velocity by law. It all comes down to what is practical for you.
    For that the STANAG mag has to be the best because of the amount of equipment that a team can chooses from.

For that the STANAG mag has to be the best because of the amount of equipment that a team can chooses from.

come on :D there is equally as much g36 g3 ak etc etc options available, people just have to look a bit harder ;)

come on :D there is equally as much g36 g3 ak etc etc options available, people just have to look a bit harder ;)
    Yes, but there are some LAZY ARSED people out there.

*sticks hand up*

No there isnt :P

In fact I would be willing to bet that there is actually more available in stanag than any other magazine format in airsoft. By a country mile.

No there isnt

In fact I would be willing to bet that there is actually more available in stanag than any other magazine format in airsoft. By a country mile.

ok we may have crossed wires hear, im talking about team themes, like us spec ops delta seal ranger, German ksk, Russian speznaz, a lot of team i've come across choose a theme and armament to fit, so there a lot of themes that fit many different aeg family.

If your simple talking about the volume of aegs that can simply accept stanag mags then your right there is a lot, sa80 type97 m4 m16 fnc to name a few

but for me i can see teams picking a camo and a theme running with that thought the team so everything could be armed for theme, all depends what your looking for a your pov, i enjoy making a load out to a theme e,g my eod m4 casv, where as others would not care that you have the right accessory and parts,

depending on your pov
    or that the STANAG mag has to be the best because of the amount of equipment that a team can chooses from.

can read completely differantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I don't fully accept that. I know where you're coming from with the team themes but when you look at the various types of themes most people do, a high proportion of them are using rifles that use STANAG magazines. G36 and AK's come in about equal second place since they're widespread enough but have mags unique to that rifle. G3's and the like are fairly rare really. M14's, similarly, are uncommon.
    us spec ops delta seal ranger, German ksk, Russian speznaz
    For example, out of that list of 6 themes, there's only 3 types of general purpose magazine, STANAG, G36 and AK. And out of that, 4 of the themes are using STANAG.

My principle rifle doesn't actually use any of those, but I still keep a pair of M4 midcaps loaded on a shingle on my back for anyone who runs dry near me. I generally play a marksman role and, as such, usually have a player seconded to me. That person, be they a teammate or a walk-on, will most likely be carrying a STANAG compatible rifle. If the faecal matter collides with the rotating airfoil during a firefight, that player will know that there is always two emergency mags located in a convenient place. It's a handy system that has been called into use dozens of times during engagements.

i know what i was trying to say, clearly did not come out right,so just ignore me :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for the heads up. We've decided to split our munitions load eveningly among the team.

Tactical vests for everyone bar the heavy gunners. They'll have gunner vests.

Advertisement