Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roads Flooded?

• 12-08-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

Could anyone please tell me if the Celbridge to Clane road is flooded anywhere. I heard it was closed on Sunday and Monday, and wondered if it was open today. I don't like taking the risk of driving through ponds on the road, as one never knows how deep they are.

I would also like to know if the road from Clane to Prosperous is fit to travel on today.

It would be useful if Kildare Co. Council would keep us informed of these flash floods etc. as they do with roadworks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

the roads are fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

The Raven. wrote: »
    Could anyone please tell me if the Celbridge to Clane road is flooded anywhere. I heard it was closed on Sunday and Monday, and wondered if it was open today. I don't like taking the risk of driving through ponds on the road, as one never knows how deep they are.

I would also like to know if the road from Clane to Prosperous is fit to travel on today.

It would be useful if Kildare Co. Council would keep us informed of these flash floods etc. as they do with roadworks.
    I drove from Celbridge to Naas on Sunday afternoon no problem, there was some residual water at the edge of the road near Barberstown, I hadn't heard about the road being closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

vektarman wrote: »
    I drove from Celbridge to Naas on Sunday afternoon no problem, there was some residual water at the edge of the road near Barberstown, I hadn't heard about the road being closed.
    This is where I read about the 'Clane to Celbridge Road' closure:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0810/floods.html

I think I read it somewhere else as well.

Thanks, bostoncommon for telling me it was fine today, but I heard from someone in Prosperous that the road from there to Clane had started to flood, so I postponed my trip for a day or so.

Advertisement