Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plan help for South America in 6 weeks?

• 12-08-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hey hey,

I'm wondering if anyone could help (OR MAKE) my plan for SA.

I'm heading away on the 26th September and I'm flying into San Paulo and out of Santiago on Nov 30th so 9 weeks!I've heard San Paulo isn't the best so thinking of bussing it straight away onto Rio so basically our trip will start there

So here's the "plan"

Bus from Sao Paulo to Rio (8hours)
    Fly Rio to Buenos Aires (3hours)
    Bus Buenos Aires to Igazu Falls (20hours)
    Bus Igauzu Falls to Paraguay
    Bus Paraguay to Bolivia
    Bus Bolivia to Peru ( Macchu Picchu )
    Peru to Chile

but in all fairness SA is so big I haven't really a clue if it makes sense but it seems logical enough coz its like a little circle?

Has anyone done a similar trip?

Also timescales.....how long should we stay in each place?

If you've ANY advice please share as I haven't a clue what we're up to

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Paraguay isn't the easiest of countries to go through. The northern Chaco region has very bad roads and is a nightmare to get through when raining and also when it is hot. It has some of the hottest temperatures on earth. Could be worth going into Bolivia through Argentina. But with that said i am planning on doing it in the opposite direction later this year. I done it the other way before. Anyways just letting you know that going through Paraguay isn't the easiest enless they have improved the roads since. Also there isn't much really in Paraguay. Asuncion is nice but it's quite dead once nightfall hits.

Overall your route looks grand and i wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll figure out the bus times and all that when over there. Buses go everywhere and anywhere and are really comfortable if you pay for the good ones. As for how long you should stay in each place. Well that can only depend on you. If i was doing your trip and i had 9 weeks i'd probably do something like this

Sao Paolo - 2 days
    Rio - 1 week
    Buenos Aires - 1 week
    Iguazu Falls - 2 days
    Paraguay - 5 days
    Bolivia - 2 weeks
    Machu Picchu - 4 days
    Other parts of Peru - 2 weeks
    Chile - 1 week (Chile is probably my least favorite country in SA)

Advertisement